Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Amber vs. moth... the showdown

When living with all females, I was the fearless bug killer.  When I got married, I figured I would be able to retire from this position, since I would be married to a man.  Boy was I wrong.  I wasn't wrong because Caleb is scared of bugs, but because the bugs only come out when Caleb is at work.  They know I'm alone and they want to get me.  So, this morning I was sitting on the couch, minding my own business when I heard a squeaky noise.  Who knew that moths made squeaky noises?  At least this one did.  So, I looked behind me and a couple feet from my head is a moth.  Not the normal kind of moth that sits there without moving; this was a crazy, psycho moth.  And he was a fat moth, full of guts. 

So, what do Brody and I do, but jump up!  Normally Brody comes to my rescue with bugs because he is a fearless hunter, but this bug could fly and Brody is only about 8 inches high when standing on all fours.  But he knew what was going on and he was prepared to go into battle with me.  So, at this point I am torn... fly swatter or shoe?  My instincts make me run to my closet to get a shoe.  Then I remember that I would rather get Caleb's shoe gutsy than mine, so I go to his closet.  Then I remember that all his shoes are heavy and I should go get the fly swatter.  But as I begin to exit the bedroom door, in comes the big, crazy, sporadic moth.  He followed me!  What makes this so scary is that I know he senses me with his wave radars.  I feel like he follows my movements.  So, I grab one of my flats and chase him into the bathroom.  Brody and I stare him down waiting for him to be still, because he is all over the place.  Finally, he flies behind the shower curtain... I sneakily approach him and fling open the shower curtain!!!  And he goes behind the shower doors.  I hurriedly open the doors and find Mr. moth flying all over the place again. 

Then I begin a game of whack a mole with this moth and miss about ten times before I finally hit him, since he was soo fast and unpredictable, just like any good warrior would be.  But I got him in the end and he lie dead on the floor of our bathtub, unmoving.  So, I picked him up with some TP and flushed him down the potty, never to lay eyes on him again.  I have to admit, I was flustered and feeling anxious about this whole experience.  I was feeling a little bit angry at Caleb for never being there to come to my rescue.  It was traumatic, like all my bug incidents are.  I am not scared of bugs, usually, especially when I am in control of the situation, but every once in awhile I am not in control, like today. 

But, Brody and I survived to tell another battle tale, no thanks to Caleb.

3 comments:

  1. Haha!! This cracked me up! Nice work you bug-killer you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! I was laughing outloud as I was reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! its really funny!! i can't stop laughing :D
    Frameless Shower Door

    ReplyDelete