Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Big 5 month old

So, Emerson is 5 1/2 months old at this point, so I figured I need to go ahead and post about his 5th month of life!  Here are a few highlights:

-Emerson loves solids now.  When I am fixing it, he sits in his high chair and cries because I'm not going fast enough.  By the time I sit down in front of him, his mouth is wide open.  And after he finishes it all, he cries.  This kid loves to eat.
-He loves his toys.  I sit him in front of his basket of toys and he pulls them all out one by one.  He will entertain himself for awhile when he has his toys.
-He loves tags.  He will work on pinching a tag between two fingers for the longest.  Workin' on his fine motor skills.  He sits there completely silent, trying to accomplish the task.  It makes me laugh.
-He sits pretty well.  At this point he rarely falls.  Except sometimes.
-He still goes to bed pretty early.  And this kid needs his sleep.  If he is tired, he will not be content until he sleeps.  We are always the first to leave play group, because Emerson has to get home for a nap.
-No teeth yet, but he acts like his mouth bothers him sometimes.  For awhile there, it seemed like Orajel was the only thing to calm him if he woke up in the night.  Maybe the teething process has begun.
-He likes to make this screeching noise.  He just started it about a week ago.  It's his new sound and he makes it all the time.

Well, that's all I can think of!  I'm still enjoying my little man.  It's crazy when I look at pictures from the first few weeks of his life.  He has grown and changed so much and I know he's not even close to being done!  What a fun experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment