Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Emerson the Outdoorsman



A year ago, on labor day weekend, we announced our pregnancy to our families on a camping trip.  This year, on labor day weekend, we camped with our little boy.  I have to say, I was a little anxious about the trip beforehand, because I know Emerson's sleeping isn't its best when we leave home.  Thus a cranky baby.  But I was pleasantly surprised when Emerson did great!  He LOVED it.  I really think he had fun.  No, he didn't take good naps.  But he loved being outside so much and spending so much time with the grandparents and family that he was as happy as can be! 

We camped at Devil's Den and I just love that place.  They have hiking, organized events (softball games, wildlife presentations, etc.), and great facilities. The weather was perfect and we were in a shaded spot, which was nice.  We did some hiking, some eating, some softball playing, some creek swimming, some s'more roasting, and lots of chatting!  It was great quality time with a great family.  The past few years Caleb's parents have joined us on our labor day camping trip and I hope it will become an annual thing.  I'm so thankful our families get along so well.  Emerson only spent a few moments not being held by someone, what with having both sets of grandparents there!  So, that's the recap and here are some pictures!  

All decked out in our Razorback gear since it was the first game

Happy Hog Fan


Love the footie PJs

On our hike- Emerson was only a little bow-legged afterwards

Our last morning there was quite chilly.  Emerson is sporting his fleece jacket.

1 comment:

  1. I just love that cute picture of all of you in sandals!!! And yes! A fire pit is exactly what I want! :) But most of all, time with the Gutshalls!!!!

    ReplyDelete