Sunday, July 1, 2012

15 months

Dear Emerson,

You are over 15 months old now and I wanted to let you know what exciting things you have done and learned this past month.  You are such a boy and always going.  Things you love are climbing up slides, swimming, eating, playing in Brody's cage, and socializing with family and friends.  You like when attention is on you.  Sometimes you act shy around strangers and other times you totally work it, giving huge grins and performing tricks.  I guess it depends on your mood.  You can be pretty clingy to mommy sometimes.  I admit I kind of like it, because I know it won't always be that way.


Splash pad

Your vocabulary is growing like crazy these days.  Some new words from the last couple of weeks are tower, tools, towel, toe, eye, egg, bummer, hi, cool and probably more I can't think of.  You are a sponge and sometimes you imitate words we use and it makes us laugh.  You like to sing "Row, row, row your boat" and you attempt your ABC's.  You have been growing your molars recently and you don't like it so much.  Some days we keep tylenol in your system the whole day because you are fussy and cry at the drop of a hat because you are in pain. But generally, you are a pretty happy kid.

Some exciting things that happened this month are that your cousin Nolah was born.  She is beautiful and we are excited to meet her, hopefully at the beach next month.  We found out Aunt Ariel is pregnant, too!  So you are blessed with many cousins! 

Nolah, photo courtesy of Danielle's facebook page :)
Caeden and Emerson, ages 2 and 1
This month we celebrated Father's Day and Daddy's 26th birthday!

Father's Day 2012
Daddy's Birthday 2012

We also threw Nana a surprise 50th birthday party.  Boy was she surprised!  And This weekend, we were supposed to go on a camping trip with your buddy Caleb Braschler and his family, but there was scorching heat (reaching 104 degrees), so we decided to move the camping trip to our house!  We did fun things like eat, nap, swim, eat, nap, play, eat, sleep, play, etc.  You and Caleb had so much fun together.  You two are such hams and I'm excited to watch you two grow up together.  My favorite was when you two would hug goodnight or goodbye.  I wonder if you will still do that in 15 years!  lol..

You two were SO hard to get a picture of together because you both were so active!
 Basically, buddy, I think you are pretty great and I enjoy life with you every single day.  I am thankful God decided to place you in our lives. 

I love you,
Mommy

1 comment: