Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Catch Up

Hello dear friends!  I am sorry to say I feel like a blogging failure these days.  I don't think I have a specific reason in particular that I haven't been as consistent in blogging.  However, it might be because Caleb and I have this new running schedule worked out where he goes on some mornings and I go on some evenings, which is when I might usually blog.  We have also had extra things we need to work on, like foster care paperwork for instance. 

So, this post will basically just inform you about the recent happenings in our life.  We have completed our foster care training and are super excited about it.  We were thoroughly pleased with our trainers and are eager to get involved in The Call.  We have a CPR/first aid class to take at the end of August and we are hoping our home will be open by mid-September.  Just sayin', these people expect you to be far more prepared for these kids than you are for your own (background checks, CPR, knives and prescription meds locked up with a key, fire drills)... seriously. 

Caleb's parents came down and watched Emerson for our training this past weekend.  Emerson had a ball and we feel very blessed to have such a great support system.  Here are a few pics from their time together (from Mike's camera).

Please notice how E's hair is finally coming in!!
Love this.


We are headed to the beach in North Carolina in about a week.  Call us crazy, but we are driving and it will be at least 20 hours.  We are driving through the night, so hopefully E will sleep and nap for 10-12 hours  of it.  I and my mother-in-law have planned many activities to try to keep the boy busy.  We are driving with the in-laws in their van, so we will have some extra help.  Wish us luck!  I know once we get there we will have a BLAST!  I'm so excited to introduce Emerson to the great, blue sea!

Well, that's all I'll bore you with now.  Unless I think of something exciting to blog about before we leave town, I'll probably see you after!  Stay cool :)

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing it was to get to spend the weekend with our oldest grandchild. Emerson is so busy and curious about the world around him. He ran circles around his grandpa and me, but we loved every minute of it. Thanks again for trusting us with your precious boy! We can't wait to watch him experience the ocean and a beach full of sand!

    ReplyDelete