Monday, November 19, 2012

Tour de our new house!!

Dear goodness friends, I tell you I am so worn out after the last few weeks!  There was packing (blah.) and moving and unpacking (a little less blah but still tiring) and organizing and raking (oh the raking!).  But I tell you, after all our hard work we are pretty much settled in our new home.  I don't like living out of boxes, so we were pretty quick to unpack.  This is why I have been silent on the blog front.  Here are the belated pictures I promised.  We love our new home :)


And I have to say that a wood burning fireplace was literally the top thing on my list of what I wanted in a house.  We have already had 3 fires our first week of living here!  And I love the brick and built in shelves.  The fireplace has an insert so we decided we would try it out for the first year and if we didn't like it, we could sell it and just use our fireplace the regular way, but Caleb has actually fallen in love with our wood burning stove, so I imagine it's not going anywhere anytime soon.  This wall is one of my favorite things about our house. 


Dining area:

And I'm so sorry I don't have a picture of the kitchen yet.  I literally just walked in there to take one and there was clutter lining the entire counter space, so I walked out and decided it wasn't worth de-cluttering for a blog pic.  Just being honest :)  But it has dark-ish wood cabinets, black granite countertops, black appliances, and a tile backsplash.  Cabinet painting may or may not be in our future, due to the darkness of the kitchen compared to the rest of the home.  

Master bedroom.  I don't think these pictures really capture the peacefulness and freshness of this room.  My mom got us new bedding, so it's really bright and happy.  I love it.  Also, this is the first time we have been able to fit our furniture in our bedroom with a little room to spare.  It's the little things :)


E's room across the hall (There is also a boring guest room across the hall, not pictured):

Brody posing in the hallway for me:


The home is technically 3 bedroom, but we plan to use this as a fourth bedroom if needed.  It has two entrances (with doors) that open to the kitchen and the entryway.  Right now, it is used as an office, housing our desk and bookshelf.


And finally, my other favorite part about our house, the backyard (these pics were taken in September.. now all the leaves are off the trees and on the ground).

To the left.

To the right.

Back of house.
I'm sorry for the bajillion pictures.  Maybe some of you care to see the entire tour?  Ha.  We feel very blessed to have this home and feel it will be a great place to grow our family.  Oh yeah!  We LOVE the neighbors too!  Various neighbors have welcomed us with muffins, wine, stonemill, and an airplane for Emerson :)  The SWEETEST people.  They all want to exchange numbers in case of emergency.  There are 3 young families and the rest of the folks on the cul-de-sac are empty nesters or retired.  Such a great community.  I can't wait to get to know them better.  Thanks for letting me share my home with you :)  Come see it in person and maybe I'll make you a batch of cookies!

5 comments:

  1. I am so, so happy for you all. I loved looking at these pictures and can't wait to see more! SO glad you have already been blessed by a community of neighbors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person (although it does look quite familiar...ha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Congratulations on your new home!! Can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Love the house! My thoughts on the extra room would be a great playroom/guest room. then when people come to visit but not stay over you can shut the toy clutter out of sight. Just a thought. Anyway its beaufitul and you have done a great job getting it all set up! Kuddos to you super mom! : )

    Angie Williams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your house is beautiful, I love the backyard and the exposed beams in your 'bonus room'. :)

    ReplyDelete