Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Blog

Hey friends!  So, if you are a regular-ish follower you may have noticed that I've been slightly absent from the blog lately.  To be honest, initially I chose to take a little break to kind of examine my motives behind having a blog and also ask myself what the purpose of my blog is.  When I first began my blog, I was pregnant with Emerson and wanted to start a blog to just document our family life.  But as time went on, it became very easy to fall into the blog world, caring too much about page views and comments and comparing myself to other bloggers, even though this is just a little old family blog!  Silly, I know.

So, after considering it, I have decided to continue blogging semi-regularly and to mainly keep it about our family.  I know this is not a topic that gets big time page views, but that is not the purpose of my blog.  I want to document our family life just so I have it to look back on one day when my little ones are not so little anymore.  And, who knows, maybe they would like to look at it too one day.  So, I'm sorry I won't be blogging about popular topics.  I will probably only blog about other things if I really feel led by the Lord to do so.  Maybe one day when the kids are in school and I have more time, I will devote more time to the blog.  But for now, it will be about the fam.

Along with the new year, many desires spring up within me to do better at things.  There are so many things I could do better at  right now... cleaning, eating, exercising, home projects, blogging, to name a few, which are mostly worldly things in my opinion.  Since it is not very realistic for me to devote lots of time to those things right now, I feel led to make a few things my priorities.  One, spiritual growth.  I want to write His Word on my heart.  I want regular Spirit empowered prayer.  I want to be used by Him, however he wants to use me.  And I want to be all here, with my family.  Caleb and I are challenging ourselves to put away our phones.  I'm tired of carrying that thing with me everywhere I go.  I don't want to be glued to it anymore.

So, yeah.  That's what's going on here I guess :)  I will try to write a Lyla update this week!  Enjoy the beautiful winter wonderland and stay warm!


2 comments:

  1. i love reading the family updates and seeing the kids of those cute kiddos!

    ReplyDelete