Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lyla Girl at 8 months!

So, it's been 2 1/2 months since I last posted.... But let's just pretend it never happened.  Deal?  Deal.  Where to begin... I'll just begin with a Lyla update!

Baby Dedication- 7 mos

Baby Dedication photo with Nana and Papa


Lyla is now 8 months old and as cute as ever.  Her seventh month was a big month for her as she started crawling, pulling up, clapping her hands, self-feeding, turning pages in books, and got two teeth!  The girl is active, y'all.  She now follows me around the house, wants to taste the toilet, and pulls up on anything and everything (for example: her brother or the dog).  She already tries to let go and stand alone.  I think I have my hands full.



However, I do love the age where they begin to learn at such a fast pace.  I feel like she is understanding certain words and I can communicate with her a little more.  The girl STILL does not like to sleep through the night.  I joke about it on here, but I have a breakdown about every week and a half because she still wants to eat 2-3 times a night.  I had no idea what sleep deprivation was like until this child.  We have been really trying to push the solids during the day to help her get more calories (petite thing) in hopes that she will sleep longer, because momma isn't gonna make it much longer.  This sleep deprivation and weakness is really forcing me to try to trust God.  This morning I was encouraged by this verse and prayed it for myself

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."  1 Peter 5:10

You might be thinking, "Oh please, Amber, sleep deprivation is not suffering."  But I won't listen to a word you say unless you have experienced this before, for 8 months straight.  And the enemy, who prowls around looking for someone to devour, likes to attack those who are weak, like me for instance.  I won't keep complaining to you, because who wants to read a blog post of complaints!

I know I am very blessed.  I have two healthy children and I love them with all I am, even if they keep me up at night!  I also have to say that I am blessed by my church family who has encouraged and served me during this time of trials.  And I am thankful for my dear mother who kept Lyla in her room over our Thanksgiving visit and only woke me if necessary.  My mom is just that kind of lady, always trying to give and serve.  I am taking notes and plan to do that for my daughter one day!!

So, where was I...?  Lyla is SO happy during the day.  So smiley and giggly and cuddly.  Even though she is so active, she is very content to just sit in your lap too and I love that.  She will lay her head on your chest sometimes and I soak that up.  Sometimes she gives very slobbery kisses, and other times she thinks it's really funny to withhold kisses from you if you try to get one.  I think this girl might have a sense of humor.  She truly is a joy and a beauty.  I am loving having a little girl.  She has my heart and I hope and pray that we have a lifelong bond that God intended mothers and daughters to have.  I thought it would be fun to post her monthly picture to see how she has grown and changed :)















3 comments:

  1. I love reading Gutshall updates! Sweet girl. Hang in there mama. I am sure you are just so exhausted! That sounds so hard. I love the verse you shared - always a good reminder for any of us. Hopefully soon Lyla girl will figure out that sleeping is a blessed, sacred thing that should last over 8 hours! :) It will make everyone happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! It was good to catch up with you a little the other day, and I have been praying since then. It won't last forever, but I know it's so hard right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know sleep deprivation....and yes it can make you feel insane! My first baby was a perfect sleeper and slept through the night at 7 weeks without looking back. My 2nd child did not sleep through the night until she was 18 months old! She loved to get up at least 2 times a night (definitely sometimes more than that) and I thought I was going to die from exhaustion. I didn't start drinking coffee until after I had her. :) Now on my 3rd I am up a couple times a night right now and really really tired. I think it's especially hard now that my other 2 do not nap during the day and I don't get any downtime. Somehow we make it, but some days I feel like I am falling apart. Just wanted you to someone else is right there with you. It is easier for me this 3rd time around because I really do know it ends (after such a long time of waking up at night with #2), but still hard in the sense that I live most of my life in a brain fog. And, here I am at 11pm reading blogs instead of sleeping because I only have a few hours in the evening that are truly mine! Hope you are encouraged and that you feel more rest. I used to pray that Nora would sleep better, but then I just started praying that I would feel more rested or 'be at rest" even though I was getting up so often. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete