Monday, September 30, 2013

His Promises

I was at the park last week feeding the ducks with some friends.  I noticed along the bank of the pond there were some giant trees whose roots stretched down right into the water.  It was actually a really neat sight and I wish I had taken a picture, but it reminded me of Psalm 1.  "[Blessed is the man who] delights in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither.  In all that he does, he prospers."  How wonderful for that tree to be planted right beside a source of water.  I think when doing a job like being a mom of littles, it is so easy to become weary , bone tired and exhausted, desperate to just survive each day!  I ask God to help me be like that tree planted by a water source.  Help me to dig my roots down into the Word so I can have that vital water that I need to survive, or produce fruit even!  What an encouraging verse to a mom of littles.

Another verse that I think is wonderful for moms of littles is Isaiah 40:11:

"He will tend his flock like a shepherd;
he will gather the lambs in his arms;
he will carry them in his bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young."

Yes, Lord.  Claim this verse for yourself, moms.  Lord, gather us in your arms, carry us in your bosom.  Gently lead me while I'm with young.  Yes, gently, because I feel so fragile some days.  I need you to carry me.  This is a promise from our God.  Claim it for yourself.  Pray it all day.  God knows this is a hard job.  That's why he even acknowledges that we need to be led, and gently at that!  He knows when I am up all hours of the night, and still expected to get up at dawn and care for my children all the way until their bedtime!  He knows I'm bone tired and emotionally unstable some days.  He knows about every meltdown I have to tame.  Lord, lead me.

Finally, God has another promise for us.  Matthew 11:28:  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  I am claiming this, you guys.  Give me rest, Lord.  Help me carry my burdens.  Give me the strength and love I need to be the mother and wife you want me to be today.  Give me rest in your arms.  Moms, this is probably one of the most physically demanding times of our lives.  God knows it.  He promises to carry us in his arms, to gently lead us moms, and to give us rest.  And he will use this difficult time to sanctify us and teach us and form us into the women he wants us to become.  Thank you, Lord, for continuing the work you've begun in us.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly what I needed today and this evening. In that moment we have to step out of ourselves and acknowledge that we are being taken care of, and so are our little ones. Love you, Amber! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete