Thursday, September 26, 2013

Half a Year


Is this little joy already 6 months old?  Wow.  I have to admit that the first few months were pretty hard.  I'm pretty glad we are past them!  But I do love this stage she is at now.  A few things about her:

1.  She knows what she wants and goes for it.  She will dive for objects or try to get anything mommy is holding by flailing her arms all about when I'm holding her.  She is a determined little lady.
2.  She still can't handle dairy.  I took half a bite of ice cream a few weeks ago and that resulted in blood in her stool the next morning!
3. She still wants to eat 2-3 times a night.  Usually I feel fine, but some days I am just bone tired and weary.
4.  She started sitting shortly after turning 5 months.
5.  She wants learn to crawl in order to get objects, but she doesn't like being on her belly for very long.  We'll see how that goes.
6.  She is fun-loving and a generally content baby.  She is usually pretty good at entertaining herself.
7.   At her 6 month appointment, she was 15 lb 12 oz (50%), and I don't know the exact measurements, but the doctor said 60% for length, and 40% for head.

Yes, Lyla is sittin' pretty in that picture up there, but I had to work hard to steal that one!  Here are the others I ended up with:

Brother is going to toughen this girl up!

FEET!!








Lol, you would think all her different poses were intentional!  Clearly, we can't get the girl to sit still.  And we have the hardest time keeping brother out of the pictures!  He can't stand it when I take her picture each month.  Cracks me up.  So far, Emerson and Lyla are pretty good buddies.  I pray they always are.

Happy 1/2 year sweet girl!  I love you forever!

1 comment:

  1. She made me laugh at all of her expressions. She obviously adores her big brother, and he adores her. Thanks for the wonderful pictures and write-up about our girl. She is coming into her own. Give her a hug for grandma!

    ReplyDelete