Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall, Tummies, Doggies, and Memories!

Greetings Friends!!  I am excited to post again and feel like I have so much to tell you about (and so many photos to post)!  Things are going well in the Gutshall household :)  We are loving the slightly cooler weather and enjoying the fall season.  I am currently sitting at the Fayetteville Public Library, one of my favorite get-aways in town, and staring out the window at the colorful trees and sunshine.  This is a fantastic week for me, because I have a week-long break from classes!  I begin my last two classes next Monday, which is a joyous thing.  I am taking a discipleship ministries class and a ministry of teaching class.  I will definitely enjoy them, yet I will be excited to be completely-finished-with-school-for-the-rest-of-my-life-in-December :)  I keep finding myself saying that exact same phrase...

Anyway, Caleb and I recently purchased a nice, round pumpkin and some bright mums to spruce up our little porch.  Here soon we will carve our pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern, which we will surely post pictures of!  Here is what our porch looks like now...



The pregnancy is still progressing nicely!  I am growing a lil belly and I am wearing maternity tops most days now.  It is an exciting time... it is also amazing to see the miracle that God performs in creating another human being.  Even though our weeks seem to be passing by quickly, it feels like our ultrasound doctor's appointment is not getting any closer!!  I cannot believe it, but we begin our 5th MONTH in four days!  This is flying by and we will be parents in no time... kinda scary isn't it?  So, here are some pics we have been meaning to post of our tummies...

9 weeks (when we first found out I was expecting):

12 weeks (I see a bump!):

And 17 weeks (just a few days ago):

I plan on wearing the same shirt each time so the pics are consistent and we can really see the progress.  Oh, and here is Caleb and his tummy at 9 weeks:

Haha... actually Caleb hasn't gained any sympathy weight, which I think is a little unsympathetic, don't you?  But he has been great with taking care of me during the pregnancy... he runs slower with me when we run.  He does favors for me (such as fetch my drink off the counter or turn off the light), since I'm pregnant... :)  I have a good husband!

Anyway, I haven't introduced our dog to you yet, so I thought I would do so in this post.  His name is Brody and he is 2 years old.  We began fostering him last February and it eventually turned into adoption.  He is an Australian Terrier and he is part of the family.  We are attached to him.  He is such a quirky dog, which you will discover when being around him for a short time.  He had a traumatic day yesterday, because I was trimming his toenails and accidentally cut one too short, causing it to bleed....and bleed... and bleed.  He kept licking it which would result in blood on his face.  So, he needed a bath (which is also traumatic for him).  Then, because he wouldn't stop licking it, which would make it continue to bleed, I had to make a bandage for him which we tied around his foot (also traumatic).  I wish I had a video of  how he walked with that thing on.  It was hilarious!!  He took normal steps with all his other feet, but took giant steps with his front right paw... so funny!  He couldn't get his mind off it.  Anyway, here are some pics of our boy, Brody.



I apologize for such a terribly long post.  Who knows if you are still reading it at this point.  But I have one last thing to share.  Three years ago, when Caleb and I were dating, we went to a park in Siloam Springs and carved our initials into a tree.  Every so often we go back and see our tree.  This past Saturday, we went back to Siloam to spend the morning.  We got some coffee, walked around JBU, visited our tree, ate at this little English tea room (delicious!), and explored the downtown area.  It was a wonderful day, full of reminiscing.  Our tree still stands and the initials have now turned black, making it look as if we branded our initials into the tree (kinda cool)!  Here are some pics:





My, how our lives have changed throughout the past 3 years... we never would have guessed that we would be expecting a baby at this point in our lives.  But we are blessed with a very good life.  Though we might be poor newlyweds with a baby on the way, we are joyful each day, because the Lord is accomplishing His will (even though it might be different than what we thought).  We are also grateful for each of you, friends, and the blessing of getting to go through this experience with you by our sides :) We hope you have a splendid week!

No comments:

Post a Comment