Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Chapter, new blog!

Hello All!  Welcome to the Gutshall Tell-All!  I have just been thinking lately that with us starting a family, it would be a good idea to create a blog so our friends and family can follow along throughout our pregnancy and parenthood with us :)  I realize that with Caleb and I not having internet this might be difficult.  However, I am going to do my best to keep you posted fairly regularly.  So, here goes...

We just began our 16th week of pregnancy (Due March 24th), which means our baby is about 4.5 inches long and just about 3ish ounces.  Baby's eyes are sensitive to light and now responds to touch (though I'm not quite sure I have felt baby move yet)!  It has eyelashes and eyebrows :)  I am thankful to say that I have had a very smooth pregnancy thus far.  I have not had any morning sickness.  The only sysmptoms I have had are headaches, slight abdominal cramps, and I had a bloody nose the other day!  I am wearing maternity clothes for the first time today and it is much more comfy!  I will try to post pictures soon of my baby bump! I am so thankful it has been a smooth process, since I am still completing school.

Caleb and I are both closing in on completing our Master's degrees.  I will finish in December with my Master's of Arts in Christian Leadership.  Caleb will finish in May with his Master's in Electrical Engineering.  He will begin the job search in a few months.  We are hoping to settle somewhere in the midwest.  Possibly Northwest Arkansas or the Kansas City area.  I am planning on getting a part time job in a few weeks, to save up a little money before we have the baby. 

This weekend we came up to Joplin for me to meet up with a few of my high school friends.  It was a good reunion :)  We also took a trip to the Pumpkin Patch today and picked out some mums and a pumpkin, which we will carve into a jack-o-lantern soon (see pics below)!  We enjoyed getting to see my family and enjoy the fall season with them!  Thanks for reading the Gutshall Tell-All!  I hope to write again soon!



1 comment:

  1. Yay Amber! I'm still so excited that you're having a baby! I can't wait to read your blog! I'm so glad you started one! :)

    ReplyDelete