Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Joys of Autumn!

Greetings beloved followers!  I hope you are all well and enjoying the cooler weather.  Right now I am perched at a coffee shop enjoying some spiced cider..mmm!  Random observation, every time I go to a coffee shop there is always one or two people who feel the need to talk loudly above all the other conversations.  It is slightly distracting and never helpful for getting some reading done.  I kid you not, one guy sitting two tables to my right just broke out in song on his phone.  Maybe coffee shops are better for people watching than for reading. 

Anyway... I promised I would write about our trip to Mount Magazine, which actually went down ten days ago.  Sorry I am just now writing!  So, Caleb's dad, Mike, came into town and we decided to drive down to Mount Magazine, the highest peak in Arkansas, for some hiking!  The timing was perfect, because the trees had the most vibrant colors of the season!  The weather was perfect for hiking, upper 50's and sunny.  We stopped in Alma on the way home for some Red Rooster.  If you have never been to Red Rooster I insist that you try it out the next time you are down that way.  Their specialty is sandwiches (get the Rooster bread) and pie... Delish.  It was the perfect conclusion to our perfect day :)  Well, here are some pics!

Some colorful leaves..

A pretty flower... please note the butterfly and bee on it :)  I'm such a photographer!

I wish the camera could capture the brilliant colors. This pic doesn't even do it justice.. The hillside was just speckled with yellows, oranges, reds, and greens.  Perfect fall view.

The boys!

Here's a belly pic for ya :)  We seem to be taking a lot of these lately.  We never took pics with Caleb's hands on my belly before we got pregnant.  It just seems like the right thing to do.  Odd?  yes.

Full bellies, happy hearts!

 Well, that is the end of our Mount Magazine adventures!  This weekend we are driving down to Tyler, TX to shower our engaged friends.  And then next Tuesday we are driving up to KC to spend time with the Gutshall side of the family for Thanksgiving!  We are actually running a Turkey Trot 5K for Thanksgiving.  Watch out, lady with a baby!  As a matter of fact, I have continued running throughout the pregnancy, which is encouraged these days.  Supposedly exercising makes for a smoother labor.  However, I must say there there is more huffing and puffing and a slower pace :)  But that's ok, I'm sure Emerson enjoys the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great little day trip! Good luck with the 5k this weekend!

    ReplyDelete