Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall is in the Air!!!

Howdy Friends!  It's November and I can't believe October flew by so fast!  I'm sitting in Chick-fil-a drinking a mouth-watering lemonade, but I think it would be more fitting for me to be sipping a hot drink... however, I cannot do it when its 70 degrees outside!  Cold weather, please come soon!  No matter how much I keep singing let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, it's not working...  Speaking of which, I introduced my baby to Christmas music the other day.  We had a jam session on our drive to KC, which I will tell you about later.  It made me feel all warm inside :) 

Back to fall, we had some friends over to carve pumpkins last week.  We had to go all out and include baked pumpkin seeds, caramel apples, and warm apple cider.  It was very festive and a good time!  Here are a few pics of our little pumpkin carving party:

Din had to use a head lamp to properly see into her pumpkin...




My and Caleb's pumpkin:


The Caramel apples were so delicious... baby loved it :)  This past Thursday I made a trip up to KC to visit my in-laws.  DeeDee (my mother-in-law) and Danielle (my sis-in-law) and I spent the afternoon roaming the square, visiting all the cute shops!  The highlight for me was when this lady asked when I was due (meaning she noticed I was pregnant)!!  She made my day... Then us girls met up with Mike (my father-in-law) and had some scrumptious pizza.  Then us girls drove to Lenexa to listen to this hilarious Christian comedian.  We laughed, we cried, it was a perfect night ;)  Sadly, it was a very short trip for me and I had to leave early Friday morning to get back to Arkansas.  I had a wonderful time in KC and it was so good to get to see my in-laws and spend a little time with them.

On Saturday, I woke up early and went to Lowell to have a reunion with my youth group :)  They were having a weekend event and I got to go be a part of it.  It is always such a joyful experience for me to get to meet back up with these kids.  Even after two months of being away, they still have such a special place in my heart.  I think they have probably made a bigger impact on me than I did on them!  It's fun to get to see them every so often and I think they like getting to be a part of my pregnancy.  I am grateful to live close enough to maintain those relationships... Here is a pic of the girls from the corn maze.


It was a perfect weekend!  So, finally, I just wanted to share a lil pregnancy pic with you from this morning.  I am 19 weeks (5 months).  We find out what we are having in THREE DAYS!! I am extremely excited.  Some say its a boy, some say a girl... soon we will know :)  We went trick-or-treating with my precious nephew last night and it made me so excited to have a baby of my own...  Anyway, here is that pic:



Sorry if they are blurry- I didn't have the flash on.  Oh, guess what!!  I'm a cleaning lady now!!  I am going to begin this week cleaning a lady's house from my church.  It is a big blessing because it is a nice source of extra regular income and is so flexible!  I am very excited about it.  The Lord is so good to provide.  

Anyway, thanks for reading, as always!  And I apologize for such a scattered post full of random topics!  Next time I'm sure the entire post will consist of one topic... our baby!  See you soon!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment