Monday, November 8, 2010

It's a BOY!!! And his name is...

I come to you this wonderful day bearing fantastic news!  We had our 20th week doctors appointment yesterday (meaning that we are half-way through the pregnancy!) and all is going well! We went into the appointment with prayers that we would leave with only good news.  And God answered our prayer :)  Our little boy weighs a whopping 12 ounces (3/4 lb) and has all his organs in place.  She showed us his face, feet, knees, heart, kidneys, stomach, hands, arms, and brain!  He is a growing little boy and had his cute little hands in front of his face during the ultrasound.  He looked so cozy and comfortable in there which is reassuring.  

The doctor said things are progressing perfectly and even went as far as to describe us as the "textbook pregnancy". I have gained 9 pounds so far, which is in the right range.  And he measured my belly this week (from pelvic bone to top of belly) and the number of centimeters is supposed to match up with what week you are in.  Mine measured 18 cm, even though we are in the 20th week.  But he said that was ok and it's probably just because I'm "petite".  We are so excited to have a son and I have just been so happy about it the last 24 hours!  We got a short DVD of our ultrasound and I want to figure out a way to get it on my computer so I can show it to you.  So that is a work in progress.  However, I did take pictures of the ultrasound pictures that we got and I will post them below.  And there is also a picture of my belly from this morning, because I thought I was looking especially pregnant today :) 

This is a picture of his face with his arm lying under his head:

This picture shows the bottom of his little footsies:

This picture proves that he is a boy.  It's an undershot of his little wee wee.  

This is the final picture of his face.  You can see his belly and his right arm on top of his head.

This is me in my maternity clothes at 20 weeks:

 Now, I will unveil his name to you (drumroll please).  He will be named Emerson Paul Gutshall.  I heard of the name Emerson before we were even pregnant and I have liked it for awhile.  We were more set on a boy's name before finding out the gender than we were on a girl's name.  So, it was easy to decide.  We just kept coming back to this name :)  We like it.  Ha, I just felt him move while I was writing this.  I love when that happens.  Anyway, I began writing this last Friday, but I couldn't get the pics to upload, so I am just posting it today.  However, stay tuned to hear about our trip to Mt. Magazine that we took this past Saturday.  Farewell!


ps: 136 days until Emerson arrives
45 days until Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment