Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An Ode to Brod(y)

This day marks the one year anniversary of our pup Brody being a part of our family.  We began fostering him for a while, thinking we were going to give him back after five months.  However, as we bonded more and more I began to dread the end of the five months as it drew nearer.  When we were almost to the end of the 5 month commitment, we were given the opportunity to keep the boy!  Since then we have grown very attached to one another :)  He is the quirkiest dog you will meet which makes it so fun to have him as a part of this family.  Now we can't imagine not having him!  Here are some pics in honor of our boy:




Our other baby, Emerson, is continuing to develop quickly!  I begin 36 weeks on Thursday and I will have my first doctors appointment where they actually assess whether I'm dilating/effacing.  I still get my hopes up that I will have Emerson early, but I shouldn't do this.  Instead, I should prepare myself for him to be late that way I'm not disappointed.  Here is the latest pic, taken tonight:


Don't worry, I'm aware of how I am exiting the "cute" stage of pregnancy and entering the "cow" stage.  This will only increase my desire for Emerson to finally arrive.  But, anywho... we moved into our new home this past weekend!  It went really well and we are getting all settled.  Emerson's furniture is now put together and I am organizing all the possessions that come with him :)  It has been pretty fun so far.  Well, I feel like I am rambling and I think it's because there are a lot of distractions surrounding me (ps- there is this girl sitting behind me who is the fastest talker I have ever heard in my life!).  I will post pictures of our new place/Emerson's room soon!  Hasta luego!

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking you still are in the cute phase of pregnancy when I saw your picture!! You totally do not look 9 mos pregnant! And try to savor these last few weeks....It will be the last 4 weeks that you ever have just you and Caleb!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I always love your titles that you come up with..HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ashley....you look adorable! Your blog is so entertaining to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mom... you're my biggest fan! haha..

    ReplyDelete