Monday, March 21, 2011

Hum Jeopardy Tune Here

You guessed it, we are still waiting Emerson's arrival.. I really am trying to wait so patiently.  Calm, cool, collected.  That's me.  Our due date is on Thursday, but I read that 50% of babies are due after their due date (which makes sense).  So there is really no rush and we trust that he will be born the exact moment God plans for him to be born :) 

However, I have had some progress.  At my last appointment the doc said that I am dilated to 1 cm and 75% effaced.  He also said that Emerson has dropped low... like super low.  He said that women who have dropped their babies this low usually have shorter labors (fingers crossed)!  He didn't seem to think I would be overdue, but who knows.  The doctors have predicted that he will be in the 7 lb range.  Another piece of progress is that I lost my cork (aka- mucous plug- yuck!).  However, it could still be days before we see Emerson's face. 

We also experienced some false labor last night.  I was having consistent contractions for three hours before I went to bed.  They wouldn't go away even when I changed positions or got more active.  They were more intense than Braxton-Hicks, but they were too irregular and weren't increasing in intensity, so I figured it wasn't real labor.  We were still pretty excited though!  Even though it wasn't real labor, it is still nice to see some action going on.  It makes me feel like my body knows how to go into labor and is getting closer to that point. 

I have been trying to enjoy our last few weeks without a baby.  Caleb and I went on a date to a U of A baseball game and dinner.  I got to spend some time with my friends Din and Ashley.  And Ariel and Alyssa came down with their adorable puppies for the weekend!  We got to have some fun shopping, eating, and enjoying the town of Fayetteville.  I've been walking a few miles every day and have tried about every trick in the book to induce my own labor.  My conclusion is that the baby is just born when it's ready to be born!  So we will wait :)  But it's getting close, people!  So many times I catch myself thinking, Will this be my last night without a baby?  Will this be my last shower before Emerson comes?  Is this my last blog post before Emerson's arrival?  Please, Lord, don't let me be asking the same questions in 10 days!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's getting closer! I keep wondering when the day will come... :)

    ReplyDelete