Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tick-tock-tick-tock

You know how people say that when you pray for patience, God will simply give you opportunities to be patient? Well, I've stopped praying for patience so Emerson can hurry up and get here!  Just kidding... kind of.  We are now 38 weeks along and I had a doctor's appointment today only to find that there is still no dilation :(  But that's okay.  I was a little sad at first, but I think it's because I started letting myself think Emerson would be here like... tonight.  I thought for sure there would be some progress.  But Emerson is taking his sweet little time!  Well, I am just going to try to enjoy the next last few weeks I have childless... spend time with friends, enjoy the beautiful weather, and spend some quality time with my hubby.  Here is a pic of the current condition of my belly.

I have something else to tell you.  Caleb and I are going to try to have Emerson naturally (without an epidural).  After doing research, this just seems like something we would like to try.  Part of it is also just that I want to see if I can do it.  Women have been having babies naturally for centuries and they survived (well, most of them)!  God designed women's bodies with the ability to give birth and I want to experience it as He designed it.  However, if at some point in the labor we stop progressing, or feel that an epidural is needed for some reason or another, we are open to getting one.  All this to say, I don't really want to be induced.  When given Pitocin (the inducing drug) you have closer, stronger contractions and supposedly it makes for a tougher labor.  I just keep praying that we go into labor naturally, so we don't have to be induced.  If you think about it, please pray this with us (just make sure you don't mention the word patience).  I am excited to meet Emerson (clearly), but we are willing to wait an extra week if needed to go into labor naturally.  I will let you know how it goes after we have him.


I finished Emerson's hat that I have been knitting.  It is so tiny!  He will look adorable in it. NOW we are ready :)


On the gardening front, I am pleased to announce that I have not killed my little seedlings yet!  In fact, they are thriving!  I have many sprouts coming up!  Soon, after the chance of a frost, I will transplant them outside into our little flower bed :)


I believe that is all I have to update you on at this point in time.  I am now going to take my loyal companion, Brody, to Wilson Park to go on a loooong walk.  We are going to do all we can to work this baby outta me.  Only two more weeks of driving around with an empty car seat!  So long, friends!

ps- the blog is currently undergoing some renovations.  the makeover is not yet complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment