Friday, April 8, 2011

2 Weeks Already?!

I cannot believe Emerson is already 2 weeks old.  It doesn't seem that long at all.  He had his 2 week doctor appointment today and here are his stats.  He has grown an inch since his last appointment, putting him at 20.5 inches.  He has gained about 10 oz, weighing in at 8 lb 1 oz.  And the circumference of his head is just shy of 15 inches.  He grew in all areas :)  I just love this little guy so much.

We've made several outings the past week.  We went to the farmer's market last Saturday and Emerson was great.  Then I took my first trip by myself with Emerson to Wal-Mart and I was so nervous about how he would do, but he totally impressed me and slept through the entire trip!  Thursday I drove up to Bentonville to spend the day with my mom and sister and Emerson did well again for the 40 minute drive.  I am getting used to this new life... midnight feedings and all.  It is rewarding to see his weight gain at the appointments and is good motivation to keep up those late night feedings.  He is such a blessing and I thank the Lord daily for choosing to give him to us at this time.  Emerson was not a "planned" baby (at least in our plans), but if I could go back, I wouldn't do it any other way.  God knows I couldn't have planned it any better...Thank you, Lord, for this sweet baby boy!  Here are a few pics of the past couple weeks.
 
Love those eyes


My boys


Nana has a good start to her grandbaby collection

No comments:

Post a Comment