Monday, April 18, 2011

My Little Buddy

I just wanted to give you a quick update on how we are surviving in the Gutshall household.  Actually things are going pretty well.  Emerson is getting more and more alert as the days go by.  He is 3 1/2 weeks now.  I just love this little boy so much!  Here are some of my favorite things that he does:

1.  When he cries, he sticks out his lower lip in a way that melts your heart.  I never want him to stop doing this, but I realize that a grown man who sticks out his lip when he cries might look a little pathetic. 
2.  When you open his swaddling blanket, he lifts up his tiny little arms and stretches in the most adorable way.
3.  When you pick him up after he has been lying down for awhile, he throws back his head, arches his back (which forces his little bottom out), while curling up his legs in a big stretch.  Makes you want to cuddle him right up.
4.  I love it when he is in a completely alert, content mood.
5.  I love it when he stops crying when his mommy picks him up.  It makes me feel like he knows me and loves me :)

Those are just a few things for now.  I try to really appreciate each moment I have with him, because I know he is going to be out of this newborn phase before I know it.  He already grew out of his newborn footie pajamas!  I also cannot end this post without saying how blessed I feel to have Caleb and my husband/life partner/co-parent.  He helps with all the little things... making the bed each day, taking care of Brody boy, getting up with me in the middle of the night to feed Emerson, all while finishing his thesis!  I am so blessed to have him while making this transition into parenthood.  Caleb is an excellent father and will be a fantastic example to our little boy.

Getting ready for a sponge bath

His new belly button after losing his cord

He really did enjoy his first bath before I got his head wet!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! He is just so cute! I want to hold him everyday! I'm just so amazed at how well you're both adjusting, and I'm soooo glad! I'm also glad you're enjoying each moment! You're such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete