Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hubba Hubba, Hubby

Caleb is lucky enough to have his birthday fall right around father's day every year.  Now that he is a father, we will try not to just combine the two.  I have to be a good wife and post about what a wonderful husband I have on my blog or else I would look bad... just kidding :)  In all seriousness, I do feel like I am the luckiest girl alive.  Those of you who don't know Caleb very well might already know that he's quite the hunk ;)  But when you get to know him more, you realize there is more to him than his dashing good looks, much more.

Caleb is the most kind, gentle, patient, laid back, wise man I know.  He is a godly man who is a leader to our family.  He has always been a wonderful husband to me.  And as I've seen lately, he is an amazing, fun dad as well.  Emerson already loves him so much!  I never have any reason to complain about him to my friends.  Most of the time I have only good things to say!  I have not once wished I had married someone else.  I really do feel like Caleb is the perfect match for me.  His personality and life perspective are such great complements to mine.  He truly does make me a better person.  God has used Caleb in my life throughout the past several years to shape me more into who God wants me to be.  Not all husbands are like this.  I am humbled and grateful that God has given me such an amazing man to do life with.  I try to never take him for granted.  I love him and I love our little family.  We're feeling blessed that Caleb was born this day 25 years ago.  I know how much joy Emerson brought to us the day he was born, and I know that Caleb brought the same joy to his parents the day he was born.  Thanks, Gutshalls, for giving your son to me :) 

Anyway, just wanted to share with you what an amazing husband I have.  We are celebrating his life this week :)  Enjoy the pics below:

Konked on daddy's lap

Emerson, proud of his father's day card

No comments:

Post a Comment