Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sweet Baby E

I feel like I have so much to blog about, but I don’t want to bore you all or create a novel that nobody wants to read!  So, I will try to space out my posts, attempting to make them short and sweet.  We’ll see how that goes.

I want to jot down some things in this post that I want to remember about Emerson at this point in his life (2 ½ months). 

-Emerson has become quite the social little guy.  Sometimes I will hear him talking by himself while in his crib or in the car seat.  He is especially talkative in the mornings. 
-He is sleeping longer and longer at night.  Last night was his longest at over 8 hours between feedings.  I had to wake him to feed him. 
-He likes to stand up these days (with our help, of course).  Sometimes he’ll even take 4 steps in a row!
-He likes to “sing” with mommy.  Basically this entails him cooing the whole time.  But he does it all the time when I sing.  I really think he is trying to join in!
-He is always so attentive and observant.  It seems as if he is always looking around and taking things in.  People often comment about how alert he is.
-He loves mommy and daddy.  He definitely knows us and his face lights up when he sees us.  This is so rewarding for mommy :)

He is still such a joy for me to stay home with.  Granted, we have our tiring days.  But I am so thankful I get to stay home with him.  I don’t think I’d want to share him with anyone else all day!  Below is a video of Emerson singing with mommy.  Check back in a few days to hear about Emerson’s first swimming adventure.


 

During a play date with Ruby (6 wks) and Jesse (4.5 mos.)

First time in the Bumbo seat (he doesn't really enjoy it this much)

Just thought he looked handsome so I thought I'd snag a pic!
Emerson's first official dance at a wedding last weekend.  Makes me think about how one day we will do the mother/son dance at his wedding.  Tear*
 And the best for last:
Love this family pic!  Please notice how Emerson smiled for the picture and it was totally unprompted!  We were at the summer concert series at Gulley Park.  So. fun.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww...Emerson is getting so big and is absolutely adorable! He is so cute singing along with mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the singing video - You will cherish that forever! I really need to hold him soon! Maybe me and Caeden will come see you this week!

    ReplyDelete