Friday, March 30, 2012

12 Month Update

I will try to give you an update on Emerson, though I feel like the more he does and learns the harder it will be for me to recall all he does!

-Emerson is all over.  I know I've been saying this for months, but now he is to the point of almost running.
-Emerson has been getting more rough lately.  All boy.  He keeps throwing toys, no matter how much I tell him we only throw balls.  He hurt a poor girl in playgroup when he threw a toy yesterday :(  He is not very gentle.
-He knows which toys are his new birthday toys and he chooses to play with them more than the others.
-We play outside everyday.
-He is finally drinking more milk.  He nurses 3 times a day and I'm going to try to cut out one of those this week.
-He's still a book kid and wants to sit and read books for long periods of time.  Books will entertain him longer than anything else, other than playing outside.
-His words are: dada, ball, bubble, bye-bye, Bible, dog, duck, book, and I think we can say he is finally saying ma these days.  I feel like he is learning words faster lately.
-On himself he can identify: tummy, toes, ears, hair, teeth.  On mommy: the same plus eyes and nose.  Oh, and he can identify Jesus in his books.  Makes mama proud.. lol.
-He follows simple commands.
-He is getting stronger willed... Hello, toddler years!
-He will obey sometimes, depending on his mood.  If he is tired or wanting your attention, he is less likely to obey.
-Even though he is a little rough these days, he is still a cuddler and love bug.  I'd still say overall he has a sweet personality.  People comment on how much he smiles. 

Emerson is still a joy and blessing to us and I am very grateful that God has let us have him this past year.  Everyday with him is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment