Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bittersweet

So, I'm discovering that I'm "that mom" that gets all emotional and weepy when my baby turns one.  I am so happy and excited that God blessed us with a child who has lived to become a one year old.  He is now such a toddler and there is only a tiny bit of baby remaining.  Seriously, if I think about it very long at all, I get a little teary eyed.  Yesterday, I looked at this blog post.  It was the first post I wrote after he was born.  I cried when I watched the video. 

I can already tell he is gaining his independence from me!  He is quickly weaning from breastfeeding (faster than I thought).  I read that when you wean, you experience hormonal changes similar to the beginning of a pregnancy or postpartum.  So I am blaming my emotional instability on that!  His first birthday (Saturday), is a day of celebration and rejoicing.  A day of celebrating his life.  I know that inside I will feel a little emotional about it.  Hopefully I won't shed any tears at his party-- how embarrassing! 

The next post I write will be happy and celebratory.  We are having a rubber ducky birthday party for Emerson on Saturday.  He is going to love it!  For now I must go, because my list of to-dos is super long!  At the top of the list is to shower.  Then it's off to buy a "big boy" car seat for Emerson.  Good-bye baby car seat which carried my baby home from the hospital.  Tear. 

1 comment:

  1. What's amazing, Amber, is that no matter how old you child gets you still get tears in your eyes when you think about how things were. This can be when they were a baby to when they were learning to swim, to when they decided who they would spend their life with, to when they showed you their first born. Life is funny that way. I guess the moral of that story is to enjoy each day as it will be the bittersweet membories of tomorrow. Love you!

    ReplyDelete