Thursday, June 7, 2012

Reassurance

The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.  Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.         2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Sometimes, the enemy feeds me lies that make me have doubts about foster care.  I love the time I have with Emerson and I wonder how he will handle another kid around.  One morning recently, I spent some time with the Lord asking Him for reassurance of this call.  I know He already made it clear to us that this is our current task, but I wanted a reminder.  I am human and fleshly and I need reassurance sometimes.  But just in those few minutes I spent in prayer about it, God was good, gracious, and patient.  He gave me overwhelming reassurance about this. 

Who am I to think that God cannot use this for Emerson's good?  I pray that this experience will be used to teach Emerson important lessons and values.  Values of loving others sacrificially.  Lessons about opening your home and looking for needs around you.  Foster care will be very demanding of our time, emotions, and energy.  I hope when we are in the midst of it, we can choose to be cheerful givers of those things... not doing it reluctantly or under compulsion.  I find so much encouragement in that last verse, that God can make ALL GRACE ABOUND to us, so that we will have EVERYTHING we need at ANY MOMENT to abound in every good work.  The Lord knows we won't be able to do it in our own strength, and I know I will probably learn the truth of that statement better than I want to. 

God is so good and patient with me.  We start our training in a month!  I will let you know how it goes.  Also, I stumbled across a blog today and felt I should share this post and this post with any tired mothers out there.  Find encouragement :)  Thanks for listening, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment