Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pep in my Step

About this time every year I start getting that itch for fall, even winter.  I have to admit, I am not much of a summer person.  Especially when it gets really hot.  Anything over 90 degrees is too hot for me.  Thankfully, it has cooled down a little bit the last few weeks, which makes my itch even stronger.  School starting back up, the cool mornings, and the fall magazines in my mailbox signal it's close! 

I know it's pathetic, but I checked out a few unseasonal books from the library the other day; a Thanksgiving one and a Snowy Day one.  I have to teach Emerson now to love snow.  I think it's his favorite book right now :)  That's my boy!  And I've already said several prayers for snow this winter.  You don't know how much it saddened me that we didn't get any snow last year.  I have faith this year will be different, because it's this cool in August. 

I saw mums at Wal-Mart today.  And all kinds of squashes.  Football season is upon us.  More signs, people.  It puts a little pep in my step.  My favorite time of year is coming! 

2 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! I feel exactly the same way!!!!!! So glad we share a love for fall and winter and cooler weather and snow!!! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, don't pray TOO hard for snow! The last time you prayed we got snowed in! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete