Friday, August 24, 2012

Quiet House

Today my mom came down and we met at Chick fil a for lunch.  Then we went to Target and she got me some clothes and cute storage things for our house.  I had a lot of fun with her and she is the most giving person I know.  She came down to take Emerson from me :(  He is going to stay at Nana and Papa's for the night and we will retrieve him tomorrow.  Caleb and I have CPR/First Aid training for foster care tomorrow.  That is why they are watching him. 

So when I come home, my house is so quiet.  Any of you mothers know that whenever you have a child, none of your minutes become your own.  Yet they are the best minutes ever because you are caring for this little person who needs you.  You wake up to their voice in the morning and you are with them every moment until they go to bed.  You get used to it.  It might be an adjustment at first, but eventually you come to love it.  And THEN it feels weird when that little person is gone and no one needs you!  It makes me think how different life would be if you ever lost a child, or even when your kid goes to kindergarten, or college!  I'm still trying to dumb-en Emerson up, so he won't go to college and will live with me til he's 40...  Ok, maybe that would be a little odd. 

Anyway, my mom took the dog too, so our house is exceptionally quiet.  Caleb and I don't know what to do with ourselves when they are gone.  We just follow each other around and talk about how weird it is.  Of course, we eventually find things to do with ourselves :)  I may make banana bread this afternoon.  If I feel up for it, I may take a nap.  Tonight, Caleb and I are going on a date.  So, we won't be too bored ;)  But we will still miss our boys.  Well, here are a few pictures taken this week.  Have a magnificent weekend!  Hug your little ones :)

Moving all the chairs to the kitchen.  Entertaining himself :)

Yummy Hedge Apple

Checking out the fishies



All Aboard!

Our other boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment