Friday, October 5, 2012

Hello, Second Trimester!

When I think about how I am technically in my 4th month of pregnancy, this thing seems to be zooming by!  When I say I'm 4 months pregnant, I don't feel as bad for having a bump as I do when I say I just finished the first trimester.  I actually didn't even feel bad about having a bump until I looked at pictures from my last pregnancy to find at that point I still had tight abs and maybe a teeny tiny bump.  I guess it's true that you show faster during your second pregnancy!!

I am feeling better.  I think I have more energy and feel less emotional and irritable.  I just feel pretty normal now.  Thank you, Lord!  I don't even know what to update you on, since not much is going on!  I guess I'll update you on baby.  Oh, wait, my baby just reminded me to tell you that I feel him/her kick now :)  I've thought I've felt it for awhile now, but at this point, I think there is no denying I feel it!

Baby is about the size of an orange and is now covered in the tiny lanugo hair to stay warm.  Baby's movements are less jerky now and are more fluid.  And baby will be wiggling his or her fingers and toes in the next week!  Baby's roof of his/her mouth formed this week.  And the intestines are beginning to work!

When I am posting this, I am almost 16 weeks, but this pic was taken at 14 weeks.  My bump is bigger now, I just FAIL at taking belly pic this time around!


Also, I am toying with the idea of not finding out what we are having.  I know, this idea has never sounded attractive to me... ever.  I am just in such a place where I would be so happy with either a boy or a girl and I think that is a good position to be in if we decide to wait.   I also think it would make the birthday of our baby even more anticipated and special because we wouldn't know until then.  What do you think?

Here are a few pics my mom took of Emerson in his adorable fall clothes.  Oh, and if you know me at all, you know I adore this cooler weather!  I've already been praying for snow.  This is how he really felt about getting his picture taken:




He just needed daddy to chase him to make him happy!


Happy Weekend, people!

2 comments:

  1. Of course, I love the idea of not finding out what you are having! We have loved it each time, and can't imagine doing it any differently. It does make the anticipation and excitement build as your due date approaches. Nathan and I have loved not just finding out what was growing inside of me (boy or girl), but who was inside of me. We always pick out one boy name and one girl name during our pregnancies, so when the baby is born, we finally know who this little person was that was kicking inside of me for so long. But a new life to celebrate is great whether you know who it is or not--so I will celebrate whatever you decide.

    Tiffany H

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old is Emmerson now?

    ReplyDelete