Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lions and Tigers and Kitty Cats

Emerson had his first trip to the zoo a few weeks ago.  We had the perfect day for it and the weather was spectacular.  I'd say the trip was a success and Emerson thoroughly enjoyed himself.  Here are a few of the highlights in pictures...

Gorgeous Fall Day

Monkeys

See the giant orangutan staring at them from behind?

This moment with the tiger was by far my favorite animal moment at the zoo.  He walked over to us and stared us in the eyes for minutes.  I have never been so close to a tiger in my life.  My mother-in-law said he was thinking "lunch", but I'm pretty sure he was staring into the depths of my soul.  Maybe he was trying to get me to set him free?  I always feel like caged zoo animals want the wild again :)

How cute is this?

I'm pretty sure Emerson just enjoyed the freedom of running around, too.  The boy has energy.  The zoo was huge and we did a ton of walking.  I asked him what his favorite animal at the zoo was and he said "kitty cat".  So, I'm not sure which animal that was.  We saw many animals in the cat family, some of which actually looked very similar to house cats.  I mean, surely a tiger or monkey would be much more exciting than a cat, right?  Oh well, at least he had fun!  Our trip was a success and we look forward to going again maybe in a year or so.  Until then, good old Brody will have to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment