Friday, May 24, 2013

The Big 2 Month Old

So, Miss Lyla is now 2 months old!  She is a doll and I am smitten with her :)


I am loving her at this stage!  She is still so tiny and sweet but so interactive now.  The whole world around her is so new and she is constantly trying to take things in.  She is pretty fascinated by that big brother of hers right now and will smile at him.  It's too cute!

I mentioned in a post awhile back that I have had to cut dairy from my diet.  And, thankfully, we saw immediate results.  She went from having 2-3 large spit ups after each feeding, to having maybe a small one, if any.  And she went from being uncomfortable and discontent to being content and happy.  I mean, she is now the type of baby that I can lay on the playmat or bouncy seat and she will stay content for awhile.  I am loving her sweet personality that has shown itself after this dairy change. 

She had her two month appointment the other day and here are her stats:

Height: 22 3/4 in (65%)
Weight: 11 lb (75%)
Head: 15 in (25%)-- a small head!

I am happy she is a healthy, growing girl.  I feel like she had a big growth spurt once she stopped spitting up so much.  She wears 0-3 month clothes right now and size 1 diapers.  She eats about every 2.5 hrs during the day.  And, unfortunately, she still eats about 3 times every night!  We are about to try to work on that.

She enjoys being outside, which is good, because we are outside every day!  She does pretty well on outings.  She is pretty smiley.  Even the doctor mentioned, "I don't usually get this many smiles!"  Of course, that was before the shots.  She currently takes 2 one-hour naps during the morning and one shorter nap in the afternoon.  She can still nap when we are out and about and I am glad for that. Oh, and she rolled over yesterday!  But she has yet to do it again, so I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not.. lol!

In a little over a week, Lyla is going on her first "girls' weekend" with my mom, sisters, cousin and I.  Her cousins Elise and Callie are probably going too.  We are going to Daytona Beach and I intend to get a massage at the spa in our resort :) I am very much excited about this trip!

I feel like we are past the hardest part.  The first 5-6 weeks were pretty hard with two little ones.  It feels normal now and I am enjoying our two blessings.  I feel joy and blessed each day.  I look forward to watching Lyla continue to grow and learn.  She is a joy.

Enjoying the weather!

Resting :)

Meeting her aunties!


 Mother's Day

Playing with cousin Callie

Enjoying uncle Asher


2438, 2467, 2472, 2480, 2503, 2514, 2528, 2535

No comments:

Post a Comment