Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Blogging and Things

So, I have to admit that with having two kids, I have a hard time getting anything done beyond my daily requirements (preparing meals, caring for kids, tidying the house, etc.).  I made a few lists the other day.  They were "Daily Tasks", "Semi-regular Tasks", "Occasional Tasks", and "Hobbies".  Let me tell you, they were LONG.  With the kids, meals, cleaning, yardwork, grooming the boys, grooming the dog, home repairs and improvements, traveling, and so on, it's hard to get to do the extra things I enjoy like run and blog.  I made these lists in hopes that if I might finish my "daily tasks" one day, I can look to the other lists to see what needs to be done on those. 

And the traveling.  Oh, the traveling.  We have been gone SO much the last few months.  I love traveling to see family and things, but it is SO hard to stay on top of one's home when you are never here.  Always unpacking and then re-packing.  This girl has got to learn to say no.  So, I've made a new rule that we will only leave town one weekend a month.  Being here on the weekends will allow us to not only see our church family more, but also get things under control around here, so MAYBE we can get the opportunity to do the hobbies we enjoy. 

All this to say, I love blogging and I want to do more than monthly updates of my sweet baby.  I want to write about the family and home projects we've been doing and spiritual things and recipes, etc.  I feel happy writing about those things.  It's unrealistic to think I will write daily, but even 1-2 times a week would be great.

Caleb's work is going great and God keeps bringing in the projects.  Thankful for His provision.  So, he may begin to work a little more.  If he worked on some nights, this is a great time for me to do some blogging.  That makes me a little excited. 

Anyway, is anyone else loving this cool, rainy July we've been having?  If you know me, you'll know I am not the biggest summer person.  The shady trees in our backyard do wonders to cool us off, but I still choose fall, spring, and winter over summer.  I have been loving this mild summer.  It fills me with hopes of a cold, snowy winter!  We haven't gotten much snow the last few winters, but if this trend continues we may get a good snow or two this winter!!  Ok, ok, I'll stop talking about snow in July. 

Here are some pics of the kiddies...

Hallelujah! They are beginning to pave Crossover!
 We have enjoyed watching all the big trucks work on Crossover since we've lived here.  We've gotten to see such a variety of trucks at work!  Little boy's heaven.  Pretty interesting, too, if I do say so myself.

Watching swim lessons

Here is a video of Emerson jumping off the diving board.  Please ignore my looong, draaaawn oooouut, annoooooyyying vooooice...........


Someone got caught raiding the M&M's... at 7AM!!

Sisters & Cousins

We've been into painting these days

Pushing sissy

Our current project.  Soon the beadboard will match the bottom.

My $15 purchase!
That's all for now!  I hope to write soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love your lists!! And I have to totally agree about the travel - I think it takes so long to catch up after a weekend out of town! This summer has probably been my favorite weather-wise because of the cooler temps - but I can't wait for fall and winter!!!!!! C'mon snow!! :)
    I love all the pictures of your sweet family. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the update! I hear you on the list of priorities! I feel we all have a better day around here when the goal is to read, play, have fun, eat and keep the house somewhat tidy! My wise grandma said once that right now I am to raise kids... someday I can raise flowers again. (I think I was telling her about my overgrown landscaping that needed some attention and time that I did not have.) I'm hoping to share more of the funny, sweet moments that I don't want to forget on my blog too as opposed to monthly growth stats. :)

    ReplyDelete