Friday, July 5, 2013

Hands Full of Blessings

Both kids are down for a nap (what are the chances?), and I don't feel like taking a nap (what are the chances?)!  So I thought I'd do a little life update!

Emerson had his first big wound a week ago.  It was Saturday morning and he was standing on a stump and jumping off repeatedly.  We didn't think anything of it and were actually all standing right beside him watching.  He climbed back on and lost his balance falling backwards off the stump.  He hit his head on one of the big rocks we have surrounding our sandbox.  There was blood and lots of it.  Thankfully, Caleb works well and fast in emergency situations.  He had it under control within a few minutes.  I was so glad he was home.  I know you probably don't want to see a picture, but I am posting one for my record :)  We figured he didn't need stitches, so we didn't take him in.

  We have thanked God many times that it was not worse than it was.  I don't know how I'm going to handle little accident prone boys, as I'm sure we have many more injuries ahead of us!

I just had to post this picture, because it was Lyla's first time swinging by herself.  This is one of those things that a mom would probably not do at 3 months, but a dad would.  


We hosted playgroup last week and the kids enjoyed our little inflatable pool.  Emerson loves having friends over.  He is so social.  Our playgroup has been meeting for 2 years this past month!  How fun!

Siblings :)


Emerson and Charlotte always enjoy playing together

All dressed up for church on Sunday.  She's wearing a little silver bracelet that my mom got her :)

This past week my mom came and helped me get my house in order.  It needed it so badly.  I was WAY behind on packing up outgrown clothes and spent 2 of the three days she was here doing that.  We also decluttered, cleaned out closets, organized cabinets, framed pictures, rearranged the living room, did some lawn care, etc.  Only a mom would go to someone else's house and help do such things unpaid.  We are so blessed to have such a support system like our parents who help out with things like that.  Oh, and Caleb and I went on a date :) 

Emerson had his first sleep over at his cousin Caeden's house this past weekend.  I think they had a blast :)  They roasted hotdogs and smores over the fire, had a bubble bath together, made cookies, and watched a movie.  Here are the pictures Ashley sent me.




Crashed

They were acting like best buddies :)  I can't wait to see all the cousin relationships in a few years. 

Finally, we had a great 4th of July.  We had a pretty low key day, which included a family nap, which was awesome.  We grilled dogs and brats and did some fireworks, which Emerson loved.  He keeps asking to do them again.


Emerson's first sparkler ever!

This is what your hands look like if you play with a smoke bomb

blessed.
As you can tell from the blue handed picture, we have entered the days of summer where Emerson needs a bath every single day (we are not normally a bathe everyday family). 

Lastly, here is a video of Lyla playing the drums with her feet this morning :)  She was rockin' it.


I am loving the stage we are at right now.  Lyla is pretty easy going and Emerson is getting old enough to really enjoy all the fun festivities in our life.  I definitely do have those days where I don't think I can handle the two's or wild little boys.  He tests us A LOT these days.  But we are makin' it and I have to remember that parenting is a marathon, not a sprint.  But most days I do feel like my hands are just full of blessings :)  Thanks for readin' and have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment