Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Funny Things

Emerson is at that age where he says funny things.  I've been trying to enter them into my phone so I can remember them.  They were definitely funny in the moment.  Maybe you will find them humorous?  Here are a few:

After getting out of the pool, Emerson points to his nipples...
Emerson: What are these called?
Me:  (thinking... I don't know any other kid-friendly word for them) Those are your nipples.
Emerson:  My nibbles.  (proceeds to call them his nibbles several times.  I think I like that word better)

After giving Caleb his hammock for his birthday, Emerson had the hardest time remembering the word for it!  He kept wanting to call it a basement!  He even told a friend from church that we got Daddy a basement for his birthday. Ha!  I think he had just learned the word basement and was confusing it or something, but he was cracking me up!

One day Emerson and I were talking about different jobs people can do when they grow up.
Me:  Daddy's job is to be an engineer.  He helps make things.
Emerson:  Daddy makes coffee.  (Yes. Yes, son, he does).

We decided to get McDonald's for dinner one night on a whim and as we were walking inside,
Me: You are going to get a happy meal,  you will get some chicken nuggets, and some fries and a toy!
We sat down and after Emerson ate all his food, looking around he asked:
Where's my happy?

One day we needed to get out of the house, so I took Emerson to Chick-fil-A to play in the indoor play area.  He befriended this 8 year old boy and said he was going to chase him.  The boy went to the top of the tubes and was running from E, but E got distracted.
Boy: Are you gonna get me?
Emerson:  No, I'm Emerson Paul.






This boy is so special to us.  I am loving who he is growing up to be.  I love seeing the world through his eyes.  He is so full of joy, excitement, energy, and curiosity.  I am proud to call him my boy :)

2 comments:

  1. how funny! where's my happy?? hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I was trying to pick which one was my favorite, but they all made me laugh! So cute Emerson!

    ReplyDelete