Friday, August 9, 2013

Cookies

We have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe around here.  When we first got married, I had previously made slice and bake cookies.  After many failures at the Nestle Tollhouse recipe (never worked for me, I still don't know why!), I set out on a search for my favorite recipe.  This recipe soon rose to the top of the list.  If I ever offer to make Caleb a treat, he requests these cookies 100% of the time.  They are whole wheat chocolate chip cookies.  Yes, they are whole wheat so they are a little healthier than some other cookies out there, but they do have lots of sugar and butter, which is what makes them so good :)  And you must use REAL butter.  That's what makes them.  And I like to use real vanilla extract, too, but that's up to you.

Here are your ingredients:
-3/4 C. sugar
-3/4 C. brown sugar
-1 C. butter, softened
-1 egg
-1 t. vanilla
-2 C. whole wheat flour
-1 t. baking soda
-3/4 t. salt
-1 bag of chocolate chips (we usually like dark chocolate, but I use dairy free for now)


  Mix together the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg.


Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix.

Add the chocolate chips.


Drop by the spoonful onto a lightly greased pan.


-Bake at  375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. 

Enjoy!  And Danielle, I'm sorry it took me THIS LONG to get you the recipe... Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment