Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby Bets

We had a wonderful reunion with our friends Nick and Val Braschler at Village Inn last night.  First I must say that their son, Caleb, is absolutely precious!  And he was so content and sleepy :)  I hope for an easy baby like him!  We loved getting to catch up with them.  Anyway, during the conversation, we began to make bets on when Emerson would be born, how much he would weigh and how long he would be.  Here is some background info for you:

-I was born 2 weeks late weighing 8 lb 4 oz.  I don't know how long I was.
-Caleb was born 2 weeks late weighing 8 lb 3 oz.  He was about 21 in long. 
-Today hospitals induce you if you are one week late. 
-My due date is March 24th.

Our predictions:

Name              Date                      Weight                   Length
1. Nick             April 4th                 8 lb 6 oz                   21 1/4 in
2. Val               March 29th            8 lb 5 oz                   20 in
3. Caleb           March 22nd           8 lb 3 oz                   20 3/4 in
4. Amber        March 27th            7 lb 13 oz                  20 1/2 in
5. Diana*        March 27th            6 lb 11 oz                  19 in
*our Village Inn waitress

Now you, my dear blog reader, can place a bet too.  Just make a comment below and we will see who wins.  We are not betting money.  Basically, if you win, you just get the pride of knowing you won.  The end.

4 comments:

  1. the Piston's are going to guess March 28th 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long! Also- those 4D pictures are great!! He looks like he has your cute little button nose in one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good good...glad to see we've already got some participation! I'll be compiling the entries in a spreadsheet so we can figure out the winner. The competition will be scored by weighting each category (weight, length, date) equally and calculating a normalized score out of 100. Yes...we're official.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay....I'm going to say that since you've been working out your entire pregnancy, maybe you'll go into labor early. And I want to be optimistic and say you'll have him at the beginning of Spring Break so Caleb gets to be home the whole first week. So here's my prediction: March 20th, 7 lbs. 12 oz, 21 in. long. That's it! I'm excited....I hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must contribute to this bet! I think Emerson will be born March 23, he will weigh 7lbs. 6oz, and will be 21" long. LOL I'm ususally wrong by far....so we will see. :) Oh yeah, one more thing....I think Amber will have him natural and will be in labor for 6 hours.

    ReplyDelete