Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh the Possibilities!!

Salutations, dear friends!  Do you feel like everytime I post it is a bazillion words long?  So do I!  Blame it on grad school and all those 15 page papers.  Speaking of which, I will be receiving my diploma in the mail any day now :)  So, I must update you on our trip to Eureka Springs, our first childbirth class, and the possibility of us having found a new home!

Caleb and I decided to have a little getaway before Emerson takes over our lives.  We headed to Eureka Springs for a few days and stayed at a bed and breakfast called Mount Victoria Bed & Breakfast.  It was super cute and we had a nice cozy room.  The breakfast was amazing.  Mostly our trip consisted of eating a ton, relaxing, and other things that you do on a getaway (hint/nudge/wink).  Here are the only two pics we left Eureka Springs with:

Our B&B:

Now don't covet ladies, but here is my hunk taking his annual bubble bath:


Whew, it got a little PG-13 there.  So, we got back yesterday and had our first childbirth class.  We did the usual... watched birthing videos, breathed funny, and comforted one another about the pain that is to come.  That's about that.  I'm not sure whether I left there feeling excited or scared... Hee hee hoo...

Ok, so we have also been on the lookout for a nice place to move into before Emerson comes.  We are open to small rental houses or duplexes.  Well, we discovered a duplex yesterday that is in almost pristine condition.  Two years old.  Three bedrooms.  Two bathrooms.  Nice kitchen, dining, and living room areas.  Appliances included.  Two car garage.  And the rent is comfortably in our price range.  But the thing is, we need to commit if we want it!  I just feel uneasy about making such haste decisions.  But Caleb and I have been browsing rentals for awhile now and we know this is a good deal.  It is in a safe neighborhood and somewhat near the place that Caleb will probably be working at.  So, anyway, we will be deciding by tomorrow if we want to take this.  Another good thing is that they are willing to hold the duplex a month for us, leaving us about one month to get settled before Emerson comes.  It really is a great deal.  Perfect for us.  But you know how it feels to make big decisions.  Kinda scary!  Well, that is about all I have to share with you today. 

I will be 31 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  My belly continues to get rounder and protruding-er.  I am eager to meet our little son.  I can't believe we are only 9 weeks away!  Holy Cow!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're so close either. I'M SO EXCITED! Your pregnancy has gone by so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Emerson has grown a lot since the last time I saw him, which was only about 2 weeks ago! You look great! Hope to catch up with you guys soon...maybe we'll make it to church tomorrow, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete