Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So it was my senior year of college and I had just gotten out of class on the U of A campus.  While walking back from class I stopped at a place on campus for some lunch.  After finishing my lunch I began my journey back to my dorm.  It was pretty warm outside because it was August so I was perspiring a little bit on my face.  I was pondering about how this was my last year at the U of A and life would be a lot different after this year.  Then all of a sudden, someone was shaking me.  I stirred from my sleep to have a surreal realization that I was at a completely different chapter in my life.  As my mind focused, I realized that I was actually married, pregnant, and being woken by my husband.  This was Monday morning.  As much as I loved my college years, I found myself overcome with a feeling of relief.  I like where we are in life right now.  I wouldn't choose to go back to college if I could.  I like doing daily life with my husband.  I like the excitement of expecting our first baby.  I like the idea of staying in Fayetteville for awhile.  And I am currently excited about moving into our new duplex next month.  I like waking up and enjoying where I am in life, rather than dreading the day ahead.  I know all days won't be perfect, especially with a new born as a sleep deprived mom.  But I still think we are very blessed. 

This past weekend I was showered twice (in a baby shower kind of way).  The first was with my youth girls from Lowell.  It was so wonderful to spend some time with them, since I don't get to see them that often these days.  And my mom and sister had the cutest decorations, a monkey theme since we are using monkeys in Emerson's room. 

 Diaper cake:

Yummy food:

The girls:

The second shower was with my high school friends back in Joplin.  Every time I hang out with them I have such a good time.  I'm always reminded of how I had such fun friends :)  It was great catching up and spending a little time together, something we should make happen more in the future. 

The bassinet from my mom which she slept in as a baby, we slept in as baby girls, and now Emerson will sleep in:

So, we officially signed a lease for our new duplex!  We will move in on February 18th.  That will leave us a month to get settled before Emerson comes.  I took some pics that I can share with you below so you can get the basic idea of what it looks like.  We are very excited about having a guest bedroom now.  So all you far away friends can come visit us and have a place to rest your head :)


kitchen, with a refrigerator coming soon:

living room:

I am 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  Emerson is about 4 pounds now and about 17 inches long.  When he woke me up yesterday morning at 4:45am, I got to feel him have the hiccups for the first time!  It was so cute.  When I lie awake I think about all the middle-of-the-night feedings that are soon to come.  I kid you not that he is the most active around 5am.  He moves randomly throughout the day, but he is the most constantly active at 5am (I'm talking moving for a solid hour).

Now I have a negative update for you.  Today I was babysitting my nephew, Caeden, and I brought Brody with me because I wasn't sure how long I would be gone.  Plus I thought it would be good for him to be around me as I give babies attention.  Well, I have been warned that dogs can get jealous when you bring a baby home, because they are used to getting all the attention.  But I never thought Brody would be that way because he is a pretty independent dog and didn't seem too emotionally involved ;)  Anyway, when I was playing with Caeden and Ella (a little girl Ashley babysits), Brody was being especially clingy.  So I made sure to give him lots of love and attention.  He is not normally a clingy or touchy dog, so I liked getting to love on him a little bit.  But to my surprise when Ashley got home, I discovered that Brody had chewed up one of Caeden's toys!  For some dogs this is no big deal.  But Brody has not once chewed up anything at our house in the past year that we have had him.  I believe that this rebellious act was spurred on by Brody's jealousy of the babies.  Now I must worry about how he will handle Emerson joining our family.  I hope he takes it well, because I want Brody to continue as part of our family for years to come.  Well, sorry to end on a bad note, but I must go eat some lunch now.  A little bragging for you: last night I made homemade lasagna with homemade pasta!  It was fun to make.  Last time I made homemade lasagna (a 9x13 pan), it was gone in 3 days because my husband loves it so much.  We might beat the record this time :)  We'll see.

Mah belly mug shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment