Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blessings

Well, where do I begin?  It has been a wonderful past week and I am reminded of how blessed I am to have the friends and family that I have.  First, I got to spend a wonderful weekend with my besties.  We all just hung out and relaxed like we did when we all lived together... Ahh, sweet memories :)

  

Caleb's parents and grandparents also came into town, so we had a nice reunion with them :)  Early Saturday morning we had a 3D ultrasound at What's Kickin' Ultrasound Studio in Bentonville.  So we got to take a peek in on our little Emerson.  I have to be honest, sometimes it seemed like he knew we were looking at him, because he would look directly at us and then turn his back on us like he wanted us to leave him alone!  It made him seem like a shy baby, too, because he almost constantly had his arms/hands up to his face.  It made for some difficult picture taking, but we were able to snag a few cute ones.  I thought it was just precious when he sucked his thumb or pulled on his ear.  On the video you could actually see his jaw moving as he was sucking his thumb.  It's so amazing that he already knows how to do that!  You could also tell when his eyes were open or shut.  Anyway, here are some of the better pics:

This is a sort of profile picture with his shoulder and arm in front.



Sucking his thumb:

Caleb says Emerson is kissing his bicep here:


His tiny fingers (and he's pulling on his ear):


We loved getting to watch our little boy for a little bit.  He seems so sweet and cuddly.  I can't wait to cuddle him in my own arms!  Then, later on Saturday morning, I had my first baby shower with some Fayetteville friends.  It was a blessing and very exciting to start our collection of things for Emerson.


The girls in our fam:

A cute belly pic:

It was great to have Sarah there, because she and her husband are new photographers, so she was able to document the entire thing!  And to top the perfect weekend off, we got some snow in NWA.  If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE snow!  I get giddy like a small child when it's a snow day.  

I am very blessed by the wonderful people that God has placed in my life.  I am also blessed with my amazing husband Caleb :)  And we are blessed because God chose to give us a baby.  Even though having a baby at this point was not originally in our plans, I wouldn't do it any other way if I could go back.  Now I can't imagine not having Emerson soon.  I cannot wait to meet him.  Our lives will change forever when he is born.  Lord willing Emerson will be with us the rest of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment