Saturday, August 27, 2011

Creative Juices

I've gotten my creative juices flowing lately and I am finally going to blog about it.  I think it is so fun to make decorative pieces for my home for such a low price!  My first project is a doorknob coat hanger.  I purchased the wooden plank from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  I got the paint and knobs from Hobby Lobby and Viola!  I can't wait to hang our coats on it!

crackle paint
our new entryway (i think it looks better in person)

My second project I stole from a friend.  I made chalkboards out of old cabinet doors.  I purchased the cabinet doors from the ReStore and the paint from Hobby Lobby!  I want to use the big one for Bible verses.  And I'm not sure what I want to use the smaller one for... menu, little notes from Mom, something cutesy like "kiss the cook".. Any suggestions?



Finally, I just have to share about this Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  Love. it.  You will too.  It's actually only about a 1.5 minute drive from my house.  But people and companies donate household objects to this place and the proceeds go to the Habitat for Humanity.  You can find everything from furniture, to light fixtures, to cabinet sets, to doors, to bricks, to tools, to kitchen appliances!  And you can get GREAT deals.  A place like this makes these types of projects inexpensive and offers so much to choose from.  If you live in Fayetteville, you need to check it out!  Well, those are my recent craftings.  Hopefully there will be more craft postings soon!

1 comment: