Friday, August 12, 2011

Birthday Bash

I celebrated my 25th birthday a week ago today and was blessed enough to be able to spend the weekend celebrating with family.  By birthday two years ago was especially special, because my favorite (ahem... and only) nephew was born on that day!  What a special day we share together now :)  What poor little two-year-old wants to have to share his birthday?  But we were able to celebrate both this past weekend.

On my birthday day, Caleb and Emerson gave me a card and told me they were going to get me a firepit for our backyard!  I have been wanting one for awhile, so I'm super excited about this.  We went to Lowe's and picked one out, but at the checkout they told us that the one we picked (the cutest by far) was recalled!  So, we need to continue our search for the perfect firepit to adorn our backyard. 

We got to spend the next day celebrating with Caleb's parents and my family!  We went to this cute, new bakery in Farmington that I must recommend to everyone in this area.  It's called Briar Rose Bakery and it looks like a cottage!  I think it would be great for any meal, but we went for lunch.  Their sandwiches were absolutely delicious!  Apparently they make pizza in their wood-fire stove for dinner.  I want to try that out sometime.



That afternoon my family came over for some relaxation, cake, and gift opening!  Emerson slept the entire time.  But Caleb's parents got me several crafty supplies to encourage my new creativity hobby (speaking of, check back soon for pics of the doorknob project I mentioned previously).  My parents got me some porch chairs and a George Foreman grill.  I've already made some panini/sandwich things on it.  Delish.  The chairs will be perfect for sitting around the firepit in the fall!


Ariel got me a JJ Heller CD, who I am enjoying these days.  And Alyssa got me a starbucks giftcard!! It was a good time and we all enjoyed sitting around and chatting. 


As I mentioned in another post, he likes touching people's faces lately

so happyyyy!!!

Emerson woke up just in time to eat and then head to Caeden's birthday party at Gymboree.  It was so cute watching so many little tots running around and playing.  Caeden was the cutest little birthday boy.  When he opened each present he took it to the person who brought it for him and gave it to them.  I'm not sure if he thought the presents were for them or what, but it was pretty darn cute!  Emerson even got to join in on some of the fun at Gymboree!

Emerson pushed the ball back and forth to Grandma Gutshall
Birthday Boy

Mariah, Asher, and Clay


Grandma babysat so we were able to go on a date
It was fun spending time with family over the weekend and I felt very blessed and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment