Friday, August 12, 2011

Play, Laugh, Grow

Here are a few things I would like to remember about Emerson at 4 months old

-He is laughing more and more, which is so fun!
-He is much more interested in his toys than he used to be.
-He is pushing up on his arms now.  He used to roll over from his tummy to his back by using his head weight, but now he pushes himself over with his arms and core muscles.
-He is beginning to sit up for a few seconds at a time.
-Still LOVES to stand and walk. 
-He has begun to grab for anything within reach. So if he is sitting on my lap while I eat, he is constantly trying to grab my bowl/plate/fork/cup, etc.
-He is also interested in touching our faces.  He likes to grab my cheeks and he likes to feel Caleb's scruffy face.
-If he is sitting on his bottom and holding onto my fingers, he can pull himself up to standing position.  He is just getting stronger in general.

I am having a blast watching him learn and grow.  He is pretty fun these days and I am so blessed to get to spend each day with him.  Here are a few recent pics:

Just doing a little light reading.  This picture is actually deceiving, because whenever a book makes it into Emerson's hands, it goes straight to his mouth.

Kisses from Mommy:

I got to meet with a few of my youth girls!  Good times :)

1 comment: