Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's a Wonderful Life

Every once in awhile I have one of those days where I feel a little like a single mother because Caleb has to work late.  Today was one of those days.  Sometimes at the end of one of those days I am exhausted and drained.  But today was different.  Emerson was just such a joy, y'all.  I am loving the stage he is at right now.  He is SO fun.  You know... he loves to play.  We play ball.  We play chase.  We play tickle.  We play 'touch what mom says not to and see what she does'.  You get the point.  He is just a ham.  Except when he's in public.  He may be getting a little stranger anxiety, because twice at the library today he cried when someone talked to him.  But that's beside the point.

He is also a sponge.  He continues to amaze me by showing me that he knows more than I think he does.  He is totally getting the receptive language thing down.  I had no idea he could do this, but yesterday, when I asked him, he pointed to my hair and my teeth.  When did he even learn those words?  I mean, I know why he knows the term "hair".. it's because he pulls mine all the time, even though I tell him not to, but where did he learn teeth?  He will also follow some commands these days: turn the page, come here, where's mommy's hair, etc.  And today, he imitated me when I said "ho, ho, ho".  The only other word I think he has tried to say is "book", but he didn't quite get it right.  He must've gotten his daddy's smarts.  It just blows my mind that this little boy was a little, helpless newborn less than 9 months ago.  They change so much in the first year.

On a sad note, Emerson has had a cold for over a week, is cutting two bottom teeth, and has an ear infection all at once.  But the poor guy has been a great sport about it. 

Here are some pictures from life lately:

 I've mentioned our two wonderful international students before, Bowon and Kyowon.  We had a little Christmas celebration with them this past week.  Bowon left after the first semester so we were soo sad to see her go.  She is the sweetest girl and a big blessing to get to know.  Kyowon will stay another semester, so we are excited about that.  Being a friendship family has been a great experience for us.  E-mail me if you are interested in becoming one.  I can get you the details.  They are always needing more families!  You won't regret it!!

  

We also had a family Christmas this past weekend.  Emerson got to open his present we got him.  He was pretty exited about the wrapping.  Since then, he thinks all the presents are here for him to touch and explore. 
 

He got right to playing with his new table as soon as he opened it.  It has definitely been his favorite toy the past few days.  


I hope you all have a blessed Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Emerson feels better soon! Poor baby. :(

    Can't believe how big he is getting!! Looks like a wonderful family Christmas! Be safe traveling this weekend!

    Let's get together again soon! And I'll bring cinnamon rolls. :) We'll have you guys over after Christmas sometime.

    ReplyDelete