Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Travels

What a blessing it was to have our first Christmas with our baby.  It was so fun to see Christmas through his eyes.  I think he mostly loved getting to go to his grandparents' houses and having all the people and excitement each day.  We spent the first several days (including Christmas day) at my in-law's house and then a few days at my parents' house after Christmas.  Here are some pics.

Emerson loved this little red rocking chair.  He figured out how to rock himself right away!

Emerson with his great grandparents


I will never get tired of his big grin..
 In Joplin we went to drive through the neighborhood where the Extreme Makeover Home Edition we done.  Such cute homes!  Though it is sad because if they look out their back windows, all they see is destruction from the tornado.  While the town is cleaned up, there is still a lot of rebuilding to do.  We went and played at a new park that was rebuilt.



The next day we went to an old farm that belongs to some friends. It was so fun for Emerson to see the animals that we read about all the time. The barn is over 100 years old!  I have to admit, it made me think that living on a farm would be kind of nice... only I would grow coffee beans :)

 
Emerson and Papa



We had a blessed time with family celebrating Christ's birth.  I intend to write a few more posts this week, so come back soon!  Happy New Year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment