Wednesday, September 5, 2012

11 Weeks

I want to try to write baby updates throughout this pregnancy, because (let's be honest) this blog will probably be my only pregnancy journal!  But lately, I don't have enough energy to blog.  By the end of he day, I just want to rest.   I will try to do better :)

When we found out: July 20th

Symptoms: I feel like I've had every symptom in the book with this pregnancy.  Definitely more nausea with this pregnancy... sleepiness, breaking out, overactive gag reflex, emotions, heartburn (already?), bloody noses.  I will spare you from any other beautiful pregnancy details.  I will say I only experienced the bad nausea for a few weeks.  And I do not know how some women deal with it for longer.  I was miserable, a wimp about it.  I still feel like throwing up if I get a whiff of the trash can or change an exceptionally stinky diaper, but it's not that continuous feeling.

Baby:  Baby already looks like a tiny human.  At 11 weeks, it is over 2 inches long.  Fingers and toes are separated.  Teeth buds are forming.  The stomach is producing digestive juices and kidneys are producing urine. Baby's fingernails and hair follicles are forming.  It even has nostrils and a tongue in that tiny little mouth :)

Doctor Stats:  Heard baby's heartbeat today and it was in the 170's.  I think that's higher than Emerson's was.  No weight gain yet.  Everything else is normal :)

Favorite pregnancy moments:  seeing our baby on the ultrasound.  And I always think telling people is so fun.  We have 4 pregnant mama's in playgroup and we had 3 pregnancy announcements at church recently.  Not to mention both my sisters are pregnant.  I think it is so much fun to go through pregnancies with other people.

Foster Care: Yes, we still plan to do foster care.  We have been feeling called to do this for a year and we are hoping our home should be open in October.  Pray for our family during all these adjustments.  I'm sure we will need it :)

Gender:  Obviously, we just want a healthy baby.  Everyone keeps telling me they hope it's a girl, or they will pray for a girl, but deep down I really think it would be fun to have another boy.  I want at least one of each by the time we are done having kids, I just think it would be fun to have two boys so close in age.  HOWEVER, we would be overjoyed with a girl too!  And if we had a girl, she would have at least 2 other girl cousins close in age.  It would be a joy and a blessing to have either. 

Not sure if this bump is left over from Emerson or is from this baby!  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute!! I'm sorry you've been having all those terrible pregnancy symptoms - maybe since it's so different this time around it really is a girl. I'm so excited for you! Hopefully the next trimester will bring some more energy - I can't imagine how exhausted you must be!!

    ReplyDelete