Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Getaway & Sprinkle

This past weekend Caleb and I had a little getaway before Lyla comes.  We did a local getaway and my mother-in-law and sister-in-law came and watched the kids for us.  It was so. good.  So nice to get away and just have adult conversation the whole time and not have to discipline constantly.  We stayed at the Inn at the Mill (which we thoroughly enjoyed), ate out, saw a movie, went on a walk, and most importantly, slept in.  It such such a refreshing, restful getaway.  I am so glad we did it and so grateful for my in-laws to help us out so we could do so.  It seems that by adding just one more kid, you really feel like you need and deserve a break.  It makes it that much sweeter.  We decided we would like to make a point to make regular dates happen.  If our marriage is strengthened then our family is strengthened.  It is so worth it.  Marriage needs to come before the kids. 

Anyway, my sister also threw a "sprinkle" for me and Lyla this past weekend.  It was fun to get together with my girl friends and celebrate Lyla.  I am so blessed by my friendships and family relationships.  I loved it because there were 4 other babies at the shower and all were girls!  So fun!  I think it is safe to say that Lyla is pretty set for clothes (with having female cousins, plus gifts!). 





We also have been transitioning Emerson to his big boy bed.  So far he has been napping in it during the day and sleeping in his crib at night.  So far, so good.  Hopefully he will be good and comfortable in his big boy bed by the time Lyla needs the crib.  I'm not too worried about it. 

Emerson also got to interact with my niece, Nolah, this passed weekend.  He is so cute with her because he tries to be too gentle.  For example, he would roll the ball to her so gently that it would only roll like 5 inches and it wouldn't even make it to her.  I think he will be such a sweet big brother. 

I am pretty excited for Lyla's arrival and I can't wait to hold her in my arms.  She is pretty loved already.  In two weeks I start my weekly appointments, so we are getting close!  We feel so blessed to have a growing family. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Caleb had a weekend to yourselves!! I'm sure it was much needed and so so good. I am so sorry that I missed the sprinkle! I really wish I could have been there. I'll bring your gift to Emerson's party. It's been too long since we've seen you guys!

    ReplyDelete