Sunday, February 24, 2013

February

While cooking dinner one night I turned back around to find that this little man had dumped an entire box of baking soda on the floor.  It probably didn't teach him any important lessons when the first thing I did was grab the camera.  The next day when he dumped dog food on the floor and thought it was funny, I actually had to discipline.


Frosting and enjoying Valentine cupcakes :)




Our first time to see our house covered in snow!


This was Emerson's first time to play in the snow!  And his and Miss M's first time making a snow man.  Poor Miss M had to be cropped out of a few of these pictures due to privacy reasons :(  But Emerson LOVED the snow and did not want to come inside, no matter how frozen his little fingers were.  And yes, those are my socks on his hands.  I can never find two mittens when I need them!


I adore this picture of Emerson below.  It captures his personality and behavior very well.  He had a slinky tucked in his pants as his tail (he was a lion) and he was jumping up and down (as I'm sure you have seen him do out of excitement if you've ever visited our house).  Slinky tail, mid air, and tongue out.  Love that boy.


36 weeks, friends!  We are closing in!



Emerson began sleeping nights in his big boy bed this weekend.  So far, so good!  And so grateful!  Though, he has discovered that if he is quiet enough after his naps, he can sneak up on the changing table and completely coat his baby wipe warmer in hand sanitizer.  He even tried to hide his tracks one day by wiping it up with the baby wipes.  But as soon as I walked into his room and it reeked of sanitizer, I knew something went down.  It was one of those parenting moments I had to try not to laugh.  Needless to say, the sanitizer has been removed from his room. 

I also spent the weekend washing and organizing Lyla's clothes!  We begin our weekly appointments this week!  I cannot wait to meet our sweet daughter.  I have been pretty uncomfortable at night lately and have not had very good sleep, so I'm hoping she makes her deput soon.  We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. That baking soda thing sounds just like something Jesse would do. I think our boys would be pretty good buddies ;)

    You look great, and I look forward to seeing pictures of Lyla very soon! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete