Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fenugreek

What is Fenugreek you ask?  It is an herbal supplement which is known to increase your milk supply when you are breastfeeding.  I was recently given some to try out so I have been taking it the past few days and decided to google it today to read a little more about it.  Well, according to this website this is the fix-all supplement!  Apparently this herb contains chemicals which are similar to estrogen.  The site said this little pill will not only increase your milk supply, but it will also enlarge one's breasts, increase one's sexual desire, aids the "thinking process", and EVEN has antioxidants that slow aging and help prevent disease!  Apparently it is high in fiber and even helps lower your cholesterol!  Why has no one other than breastfeeding women ever heard of this supplement?  Don't ask me.  Watch out y'all... next time you see me, I'll be one heck of a woman :) 

Ok, ok.. enough about Fenugreek.  I will now talk about things you actually want to read about (maybe).  Caleb and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Monday!  We went on a date last week to celebrate.  We went to the restaurant Savor in Fayetteville.  It was great and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is planning a fancy date.  My warning, however, is that it is expensive.  But we all need a fancy meal every now and again.  The food was good, but we definitely loved the environment.  Caleb and I are suckers for a fun environment.  This place was pretty neat on the inside.  Our bill ended up being $63 with the tip, but we did splurge.  We didn't deny ourselves anything :)  It was worth it.  After Savor we went to a movie.  I have absolutely loved the past two years with my man and look forward to the years to come, knowing they will just keep getting better.  We are so blessed. 


Caleb graduated with his Master's on Saturday.  Emerson and I were so proud.  He also started his job on Monday and has been enjoying it so far!  We miss him since he usually leaves before Emerson wakes up and gets home a couple hours before Emerson goes to sleep.  I know it's hard for Caleb to be away from Emerson so much, but he definitely cherishes the time he has with him.  And he will get Friday afternoons off with the summer schedule!

Now, about Emerson, he's still as cute as a button!  He is just learning so much.  My favorite things are to watch him learn new things and also to interact with him.  He is so smiley and talky when he is rested and feeling good :)  I can never get enough!  Just a little bit ago he was playing with his little play mat and was batting at the dangling objects above him.  He was also smiling and cooing at the baby in the mirror.  So cute!  This is my view as I am writing this:
reading books
I don't want to paint the picture that our lives are always perfect with warm fuzzies and butterflies, because that would be untrue.  Little E has his fussy days and I have to try everything in the book to figure out how to make him happy.  But despite the hard days, we have a very blessed life and enjoy our little family tremendously!  Until next time! 

-The Gutshall Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment