Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Homemaker

Greetings, friends!  I recently changed my career title on facebook to read stay at home mom and wife.  This is my new career which I will probably be doing for the next several years.  I am grateful to say that I love my new job!  I love spending each day with Emerson and think he is the cutest thing ever.  However, I am also a stay at home wife, aka a homemaker.  I guess that means I make home... I am supposed to make our home feel like a home.  So, in order to create a more organized system of my making home, I created a cleaning schedule for myself.  It is a two week cycle that looks like this:

Week 1
Monday: laundry, change sheets, bills
Wednesday: bathroom, water plants
Friday: dust, kitchen countertops/sink

Week 2
Monday: laundry, grocery shopping
Wednesday: sweep, mop, water plants
Friday: vacuum

I think having a clean house feels good and makes it feel more like a home.  It will be nice to feel like my house is generally clean.  I also plan on continuing my ritual of cooking about 5 meals every 2 weeks.  This past week Caleb requested quiche for dinner.  So we made my mother-in-law's recipe for her quiche.  It was delish.  Here is a pic.

  
On another note, Caleb has successfully defended his thesis!  I learned something new about my husband this week and it is that he is a good presenter.  He practiced his defense presentation with me the night before and I was very impressed with his professionalism and presentation skills (not to mention the masculine jawline that repeatedly caught my attention/distracted me).  Needless to say, he soared through his defense and received very positive, encouraging feedback.  So proud of my honey :)  

On a rather sad note, we recently took a trip up to KC to attend Caleb's great uncle's funeral.  It was a good celebration of his life.  But a neat thing happened while we were there too.  I got to meet Caleb's great, great aunt Esther (Emerson's great, great, great).  She is 99 years old!  So we got a picture of 5 generations in Caleb's family.  I bet that rarely happens!  Check it out:


Talk about longevity.  Well, it is getting past my bed time so I must leave you now :) So long,

Amber, the homemaker

2 comments:

  1. I'm still working on sticking to a cleaning schedule. I hope it works out for you, and I'm glad your liking your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about sharing the Quiche recipe? I'm on the hunt for one...
    Thanks, and oh, I enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete