Friday, October 21, 2011

A few of our favorite things!

Happy Friday, friends!  I normally don't sit down to write while Emerson naps, because I usually feel like I have more important things to get done (ie shower).  But today I decided to write while I was feeling inspired.  There have been a few things I've been meaning to tell you that I have kept forgetting to write about.  They mostly fall into the category of our favorite things. 

Emerson's favorite things as of late:
-Favorite toy: a big blue ball.  He can sit across from us and roll it back and forth.  It's so fun that he is old enough now to interact and play games with us.

-Favorite object of interest: Brody.  Emerson has grown to love Brody.  And to be honest, I think Brody has found a liking for Emerson too.  Emerson will smile and laugh at Brody and try to get to him.  And I think Brody actually likes the attention he gets from Emerson.  He will tolerate (maybe even welcome) it when Emerson tries to touch him or chase him.  I think it's good for Emerson to grow up with a dog in the house.  Who knows, maybe he will be a lover of animals, like his mama was growin' up. 
-A favorite new trick: high fives.  Emerson gives high fives now.  What a cool dude.
-Favorite goal: crawling.  He wants to crawl so bad.  He can roll across the room to get from point A to point B.  He can creep in circles.  But he cannot crawl on all fours yet.  He will hold himself up on all fours, but when he tries to move, he falls down to his tummy.  We'll see if there is any progress in the next few weeks.


Amber's favorite things as of late:
-The cooler weather.  Love, love, love cold weather.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to skip fall weather.  I love the 60-70 degree temps.  But I am already trying to instill the love of cold weather into my son.  It's just so invigorating when you are outside in it.  And it feels so good to walk into a warm home from it.  And it inspires you to eat lots of comfort foods.  And it is just so good to cuddle up under a warm blanket with a loved one. 
-Emerson's stage right now.  If I could keep him on the schedule he is in right now, that would be great.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up though, because he seems to change schedules every two weeks the last several months.  He wakes up around 6 or 6:30.  And then he is up for three hours, down for 1.5 or 2.  Up for three hours, down for 1.5.  Up until bed time around 7:30.  This is such an improvement for us, because he used to wake up at 5am and go to bed at 6:30pm.  I love having the morning and afternoon naps.  We'll see if it sticks.  We do have the time change coming up :(  Also, Emerson has been very content lately.  Even in the car.  It's pretty nice having a happy baby.  I still love staying home with him and I feel so blessed that we are able to do this. 

Well, that's all for now, folks.  I hope you have a splendid weekend and enjoy the gorgeous weather we are supposed to have.  Go do something fun.


2 comments:

  1. I love that cute little picture of Emerson with his pumpkin! Glad he's on a good schedule right now! And last, but not least, YAY FALL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I love this little family and look forward to all of your posts. That is a really cute picture of Emerson with the pumpkin! Do you think he is trying to decide if it will roll like his blue ball? Sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete