Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Half a Dozen

Emerson is 6 months old (and has been for a few weeks now)!  I have much to write about to catch up on my blogging.  Oops!  We have been traveling the last few weekends and our weeks have been fairly busy.  So now I am here, updating while Emerson naps. 

This month Emerson is...
1. Kissing galore.  He started this last month, but I forgot to post about it.  He squeezes my cheeks real hard and gives me a big open-mouth kiss.  It's bliss.  Except for the fact that he often pulls my hair out when he does this.  Ouch.
2.  He is acting interested in crawling lately. He will walk his hands forward, but can't quite push himself forward with his feet yet.
3.  He still loves to eat. 
4.  No teeth yet.
5.  He is pretty content to play by himself and entertain himself for awhile.  Sometimes I think he is getting bored with his toys though. 
6.  He loves books.
7.  He went through a recent phase where he woke up at 5 or 5:30 AM everyday.  I'm glad we're transitioning out of that phase now! 
8.  Most of the time he is really sweet and happy.  He has a sweet, loving personality.  He does have his off days, though.  Especially when he is sleepy!
9.  He tries to pull up on objects if he can get a good grip on them.  We don't have a coffee table or anything that's a good height for that.  But if I set him by Brody's dog cage, he will try to pull himself up on that.  Getting close!
10.  He learned how to throw a ball the other day!

I can't really think of anything else at this point.  Here are a few pics.


Doing a little laundry basket cruisin'

Everything goes to the mouth

catching up on some e-mails

Emerson playing with his buddy Caleb Braschler

3 comments:

  1. He is so so sweet! And growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Emerson has changed so much since we left! He's such a cutie! Can't wait to see you three over Christmas break...we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good to see you all and Emerson a few weeks ago. He is such a sweet little boy! I wasn't nearly as nervous this time as the first time I saw him! :) Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete